Not Game Over for Aliens: Colonial Marines as massive PC patch shows SEGA and Gearbox aren’t doneWritten by: / / No Comments
By now, the videogame world has come to terms with its bewilderment over Aliens: Colonial Marines and while the real story behind the development of the game and Gearbox’s involvement is yet to be told in full, SEGA is still determined to make good on the publisher’s promise, as evidenced by the release of an enormous new PC patch for the game.
The latest patch for Aliens: Colonial Marines contains all of the fixes and changes that were present in the previously released title update for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 owners, as well as improved texture resolution, visual improvements, mouse smoothing and fixes for PC-specific crashes.
There are also some tweaks and changes in this PC patch that console players can look forward to in the future.
While Colonial Marines may always be bogged down by first impressions and weeks of torment regarding the relative quality of the game, hopefully Gearbox and SEGA can work together to, at the very least, improve the game that they created.
Here’s the latest list of fixes available in the new 4GB PC patch:
- Improved texture resolution.
- Various visual improvements.
- Added mouse smoothing to options menu.
- Fixed crashes tied to launch and motion tracker.
- Added additional safeguards to better protect save data.
- Resolved an issue where a player’s level could sometimes appear incorrect when backing out of a party.
- Addressed several scenarios under which players could spawn without a weapon.
- Changes to better prevent audio from sometimes cutting out during end of mission cinematics.
- Fixed issue where Xeno death animation was not properly calculating momentum of the killing blow.
- Smart Gun animation now properly tracks targets.
- Addressed some instances where Xenos would display erratic animations.
- Increased light radius for player’s shoulder lamp.
- Adjusted aim assist to better reflect player input.
- Addressed an issue that could sometimes cause co-op player revival to not work under certain circumstances.
- Addressed issues with players not spawning into a level properly.
- Fixed a marine player invincibility exploit.
- Resolved several instances where players could walk or fall outside of maps.
- Addressed an issue where Ripley’s Flamethrower (bonus content) would sometimes fire continuously without player input.
- Fixed an issue that could cause localized text to sometimes display incorrectly.
- Addressed an issue where weapon ammunition was not always highlighted properly.
- General user interface improvements.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
- Tweaked enemy and friendly AI to be more aggressive and responsive.
- Modified campaign difficulty to account for improved AI responsiveness.
- Improved enemy collision detection regarding doors and Power Loader.
- Addressed some issues that could cause improper warping for co-op players.
- Various tweaks to address instances where NPC characters would not always properly navigate to objectives.
- Players will no longer bleed out immediately when downed in a Power Loader.
- Fixed issues that could cause clients to report inaccurate results and statistics.
- Addressed instances where a map would appear to “pop in” when loading into a new match.
- New Xeno appearance customization added.
- Multiplayer teams should now correctly auto-balance between rounds.
- Increased duration of Lurker Pounce Challenge “Cat-Like Reflexes” from 10 to 20 seconds.
- Fixed issue where certain multiplayer challenges would not unlock properly for all characters.
- Crusher pick-ups now correctly appear as highlighted for clients.