Tomorrow’s PlayStation Store Update will feature a generous dose of new content for PS3, PS Vita and even PSP owners. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct – Terminal Reality’s first-person tie-in with The Walking Dead TV show – will be a Day 1 Digital title, while new PS Vita release Dead or Alive 5 Plus includes all the content from the PS3 version along with a few new modes and features which add even greater depth to this fast-paced fighting game.
There will be an online-enabled demo for DoA5 Plus available at launch so be sure to check it out before purchasing the full game.
Here’s this week’s PlayStation Store Preview in full:
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
- The Walking Dead video game takes the undead and brings them out of the AMC Emmy award-winning TV show and into console gaming systems in a new, terrifying way. Terminal Reality’s first-person action game will allow players to assume the role of the mysterious, crossbow-wielding survivor Daryl Dixon on an unforgiving quest to the supposed safety of Atlanta. The iconic walkers will relentlessly hunt down players like their television counterparts using a combination of sight, sound, and smell. As Daryl, players will need to tread carefully throughout each new area they explore. Once discovered, it doesn’t take much to attract an unstoppable horde of undead walkers, so every threat needs to be assessed, and every situation analyzed. No place is truly safe for Daryl as he makes his way through the Georgia countryside, alongside his overbearing brother Merle, in this new, post-apocalyptic world.
Dollar Dash ($9.99)
- Dollar Dash will have you shouting for joy and screaming in despair, as you make a dash with the cash. You must attack, defend or outrun your fellow thieves using unique comedic tactics and crazy weapons while making sure you deposit your hard-earned cash in the getaway vehicle before it disappears, hold onto the safe or simply blast your opponent on your way to victory.
PS Vita Games
Dead or Alive 5 Plus (PS3/PS Vita Cross Play)
- With a sensual yet realistic style, characters are rendered in incredibly lifelike detail. New touch controls bring a completely new experience to fighting games. Simple taps, swipes, and pinches on your opponent trigger a variety of devastating moves. Using the Vita’s motion sensor, you can even play vertically for a first-person, full-screen view of your opponent. Both novice and expert players will also find even more ways to up their game with new training-focused modes and a new display of advanced frame data that reveals twice the amount of information for each move compared to previous versions. Tournament players will spend hours analyzing the best moves for their fights.
Carnage Heart EXA (Compatible with PS Vita)
- The centerpiece of Carnage Heart EXA is the design and implementation of giant robots called Overkill Engines (OKE). By themselves, these robots are unimpressive; only by hardware and software modifications do they become truly terrifying machines. Players will have a multitude of hardware and software options to add to their OKEs including weapons, fuel tanks, armor thickness, and more.
- Out of Mind
- Dollar Dash (PS3)
- Dead or Alive 5 Plus (PS Vita)
Hogs of War
- Six nations fight for control of Saustralasia in Hogs of War. You side with one of the nations and fight through 25 levels of turn-based action. However, your army is rather unique: it is comprised of pigs. Yes, the smartest of all barnyard animals have decided to wage a war for resources. On each turn, you control one pig for a set amount of time. You can move the animal and attack the enemy, and when time is up you switch to another soldier in the three- to five-member team. After all of your swine have moved, the enemies take their turn in a similar manner.
Assassin’s Creed III ‒ The Tyranny of King Washington: The Betrayal
Capcom Arcade Cabinet ‒ Game Pack 3
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational ‒ Extra courses and characters
PlayStation All-stars Battle Royale ‒ Zeus/Isaac Clarke
Sound Shapes ‒ 80s and Dubstep Sound packs
The Pinball Arcade ‒ Star Trek: The Next Generation Table
Source: PlayStation Store