New Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 patch goes live on PS3, tooWritten by: / / No Comments
In tandem with the Xbox 360 version, the latest Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 patch has also just gone live for PlayStation 3 owners, with a host of tweaks and additions along with a few consoles-specific fixes to address issues PS3 gamers have been seeing lately.
Let’s have another quick look over what’s new in Black Ops 2, on PS3 this time.
- The CODcast control panel can now optionally show the overhead map in the player list in games with 10 players or less.
- Added the ability to view past seasons for all the leagues a team has been a part of in League History.
Multiplayer Issues Addressed
- Resolved an issue where players were receiving an error message when trying to join a System Link or LAN Party lobby without internet connection.
- Resolved an issue where clients could not join a PS3 LAN Party when not connected to PSN.
- Resolved Select Fire reverting back to default settings after a round transition.
- Fixed a potential exploit using the Trophy System.
- Addressed an issue with the Collector’s Edition camo un-equipping from weapons.
- Addressed an issue on PS3 with some Revolution map loading screens showing a checkerboard image and occasionally giving an error message on load after downloading the pack from the in-game Store.
- Addressed an issue with the Peacekeeper not appearing for players that join into a match that is already in progress.
- Resolved an issue on Drone where the automatic doors at the weapon plant would trigger/destroy Lethal Equipment.
- Addressed an issue with the highlight for the Dual Band Scope on players equipped with certain weapons.
- Fixed an issue with the planted bomb disappearing at the “B” site on Hydro when the water floods.
- Addressed an issue with the VTOL Warship not destroying if hit when exiting the map.
- Players will now be able to complete the Shredder Scorestreak challenge using a Death Machine from a care package.
- The Stealth Chopper no longer counts towards completion of the Chopper Hunter challenge.
- Resolved an issue where planted Riot Shields were not getting destroyed by the gondolas in Downhill.
- Resolved an issue with C4 and Bouncing Betty’s killing players on contact.
- Fixed an issue where the Combat Axe would sometime destroy the Guardian.
- Addressed a missing image issue with the Medals section of the Combat Record for new players.
- Players with Hard Wired equipped will no longer lose their Care Package if throwing it while an enemy EMP Scorestreak is active.
- Fixed an issue with bomb plants being automatically aborted while a Care Package or Hunter Killer Drone is equipped.
- Addressed a graphical issue with the small thumbnail CODTV videos on PS3.
- Hosts can now kick players in Custom Game lobbies.
- Videos being rendered in the Theater will no longer be automatically canceled when the controller disconnects.
- The CODcast UI is now displaying the flag for the Flag Carrier in the Objective column.
- Addressed a button mapping issue in the Emblem Options menu.
- Resolved an issue with the red crosshair appearing in the Target Finder when targeting an enemy equipped with Cold Blooded.
- Fixed an issue with the stats tracking for the Executioner’s Accuracy in the Combat Record.
- Resolved an issue with the Mission Complete trophy on PS3.
- Fixed an issue where the Friends List showed a joinable/green arrow icon for players who were not playing Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.
- Resolved an issue where the turret in the northern building on Turbine would become unusable.
- Addressed an issue with the Lightning Strike Scorestreak if the player had the tablet out during a host migration.
- Fixed an issue with some weapons having invisible magazines from 3rd person animations during an automatic reload.
- Addressed an issue where the game would sometimes crash after repeated host migrations.
- Fixed knife lunge launching players on the Express map.
- Fixed an issue where the player could get an empty War Machine or Death Machine when switching classes at the start of the match.
- Addressed a loss of functionality for the player and guest when switching between Multiplayer and Zombies and having the guest switch back to Multiplayer.
- Match clocks in Multi-Team and Free-for-All games modes no longer continue to tick down in Theater when a CODcast game is paused.
- Resolved an issue where planting a Claymore in front of a crouched player with a Riot Shield would cause the Claymore to fly across the map.
- Resolved a couple of overlapping UI issues when CODcasting.
- Players can now turn the Voice Icon On/Off when CODcasting a match in Theater.
- Freed up some additional memory when transitioning from Zombies to Multiplayer to improve stability on PS3.
- Addressed an issue on PS3 with the Calling Cards not sorting properly after unlocking them.
Spawn System Improvements:
- Reduced the weight of positive team spawn influencers on owned Domination flags. This reduces cases in Domination where players may spawn near their team but also near danger.
- Added more spawn points to Hijacked for Demolition and Kill Confirmed, which improves the spawn-picking algorithm on that map in those game modes.
- Adjusted spawn influencers on Standoff for improved spawn-picking algorithms in all game modes.
- MSMC: Recoil has been increased.
- MSMC: Hip fire accuracy has been slightly reduced.
- PDW57: Recoil has been increased.
- PDW57: Hip fire accuracy has been slightly reduced.
- KAP-40: Dual wield damage reduced.
- KAP-40: Dual wield hip fire accuracy has been reduced.
- MMS: Cold blooded now renders enemies almost completely invisible to MMS.
- QBB-LSW: Medium range damage increased.
- HAMR: Medium range damage increased.
- FAL OSW + Select Fire: Damage reduced when firing full auto.
- SMR + Select Fire: Damage reduced when firing full auto.
- Type 25: Move speed increased.
- Type 25: Medium range damage increased.
- SCAR: Long range damage increased.
- SWAT-556: Long range damage increased.
- M1216: Medium range damage increased.
- Ballista + Iron Sight: Idle sway reduced.
Zombies Issues Addressed
- Resolved several issues with exploitable areas in the Die Rise
- Resolved several exploits in Green Run
- Resolved network/connectivity issues that could occur in the frontend and lobbies.