March is an incredibly busy month for new game releases in the West and the same is true for Japan judging by the latest Media Create software chart. There are seven new entries in the top ten, and nine in the top twenty. Dynasty Warriors 8 outsold Professor Layton and the Legacy of Civilization A to take top spot while the titillating PS Vita game Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus: Otome Shoujotachi no Shoumei in third place helped boost hardware sales following the handheld’s price cut on February 28th.
Sega’s free-to-play PC and PS Vita title Phantasy Star Online 2 managed to sell 61 227 physical copies on Sony’s platform due to it being bundled with a number of extras such as in-game currency.
Here are the ten best-selling titles during the past week:
- [NEW] Dynasty Warriors 8 (Tecmo Koei) – PS3 – 203 224
- [NEW] Professor Layton and the Legacy of Civilization A (Level-5) – 3DS – 130 686
- [NEW] Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus: Otome Shoujotachi no Shoumei (Marvelous AQL) – PS Vita – 94 324
- [NEW] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission (Namco Bandai) – 3DS – 88 386
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo) – 3DS – 73 615
- [NEW] Macross 30: Ginga o Tsunagu Utagoe (Namco Bandai) – PS3 – 63 089
- [NEW] Phantasy Star Online 2: Special Package (Sega) – PS Vita – 61 227
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Konami) – PS3 – 60 394
- [NEW] Shining Ark (Sega) – PSP – 54 837
- Dragon Quest VII: Warriors of Eden (Square Enix) – 3DS – 46 878
Head over here for this week’s hardware chart.
Source: Media Create