This week there are no new releases for the Wii U but plenty of fresh content spread across the 3DS and Wii. The NES version of Arcade classic Pac-Man is now playable on the 3DS while new WiiWare title Retro City Rampage is a celebration of videogame history and 8-bit pixel art.
Here’s this week’s Update in full:
3DS Download Software
Splash or Crash – £2.69/€2.99
- Although it looks simple, the action of Splash or Crash is surprisingly challenging. True, you only have to get your stone to the bottom of the well in order to win: but there’s no guarantee you’ll make it! Once you make the drop, use all your skill to steer your stone past the obstacles without crashing. The further you fall, the faster you’ll go ‒ hit an obstacle, however, and you’ll slow down, losing vital HP (the ‘health’ of your stone) in the process. Lose all your stone’s HP before you reach the bottom and you’ll have to start all over again!
Family Tennis 3D – £5.39/€5.99
- The Family series comes to Nintendo 3DS with a casual tennis game! New characters join in to bring the number of playable characters to eight, with six different courts all exploding with variety. With the addition of Easy Mode, absolutely anyone can play with the press of a button and look great while doing it. Start with the Tournament to unlock everything in the gallery, then why not try the minigames Roulette Rally, Human Backboard, and Survivor?
Pac-Man (3DS) – £4.49/€4.99
- Pac-Man needs no introduction ‒ it’s one of the most popular video games ever made! Move Pac-Man through the mazes, avoiding ghosts and eating all the pellets. Beware though: each of the ghosts behaves differently! When Pac-Man chomps a power pellet, he becomes invincible, and is able to eat the blue ghosts. The more ghosts Pac-Man eats in a row, the higher the score. Don’t forget to eat the bonus fruit, too!
Easter Eggztravaganza – £4.49/€4.99/500 Nintendo Points
- Everywhere in this amazing Easter Wonderland is crammed full of Easter Eggs, bunnies, sweets and fabulous toys. Mum takes Mike and Sally to get freshly laid eggs from the farm, then they come home to paint them. Meanwhile, the Easter Bunny runs past and leaves eggs all over the backyard for them to find. Next, the family go downtown to the shopping centre, then visit Auntie Janet’s house, before going to the nearby church for the ultimate Mega Easter Egg Hunt. Play captivating minigames such as spot-the-difference, jigsaw puzzles and many more in an Easter Eggztravaganza for all the family to enjoy.
Retro City Rampage – 1000 Nintendo Points
- This 8-bit nostalgic throwback warps open-world carjacking BACK TO THE… ’80s. Play 60+ story missions and 40+ arcade challenges. “Borrow” vehicles and outrun the law while mowing down your fellow citizens! Jump on pedestrians for coins, or use them for target practice with over 25 weapons and POWER-UPS! WHOA!
Reel Fishing Ocean Challenge – 500 Nintendo Points
- The world is your ocean! It’s a thrilling fishing experience for novices and master anglers alike! The game’s beautiful graphics, ocean setting, and intuitive controls bring the fishing experience to life. Each fish looks and moves so much like the real thing, it’s the closest you can get to real-life fishing without putting on your waders! This time, you’ll travel to the ocean in this smash-hit fishing game series. With 20 kinds of fish to catch and over 40 missions, every fishing enthusiast will want to reel this title in!
Source: Nintendo UK