This week’s Media Create software chart sees Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance take top spot with 308 681 copies sold during its first four days on store shelves. Konami didn’t release the game on Xbox 360 in Japan due to factors we can only guess at, but it sold well enough on PS3 alone to make a sequel seem likely. By comparison Platinum Games’ previous hit Bayonetta sold around 200 000 copies across both platforms during its opening week.
There are two new entries on this week’s chart apart from MGR: Revengeance, and games such as Dragon Quest VII, Animal Crossing: New Leaf and New Super Mario Bros. 2 refuse to budge from the top ten.
Here are the ten best-selling titles during the past week:
- [NEW] Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Konami) – PS3 – 308 681
- Dragon Quest VII: Warriors of Eden (Square Enix) – 3DS – 75 426
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo) – 3DS – 74 438
- [NEW] Magi: The Labyrinth of Beginning (Namco Bandai) – 3DS – 29 402
- [NEW] Toaru Majutsu no Kagaku no Ensemble (Namco Bandai) – PSP – 13 894
- Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Super Deluxe Edition (Namco Bandai) – Wii – 9 825
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo) – 3DS – 9 664
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Capcom) – 3DS – 8 230
- Fantasy Life (Level-5) – 3DS – 5 870
- Taiko no Tatsujin: Chibi Dragon to Fushigi na Orb (Namco Bandai) – 3DS – 5 799
Head over here for this week’s hardware chart.
Source: Media Create