UK Software Chart: Aliens: Colonial Marines terrifies Dead Space 3 during week of February 16thWritten by: / / No Comments
This week’s chart topper on Chart Track’s weekly UK Software Sales listing may have been met with an overwhelmingly negative critical reception during launch week, but thanks to strong brand recognition and lots of buzz leading to release, Aliens: Colonial Marines managed to hit No. 1 ahead of Dead Space 3.
According to Chart Track, Aliens: Colonial Marines is the biggest UK game launch of 2013 so far, and the second biggest ever week one launch of an Aliens game in the region following the release of Aliens VS Predator in 2010.
While Aliens VS Predator grossed roughly £14 million life-to-date in the UK, it was the release of Aliens Trilogy in 1996 that set the record before it with £10 million in revenue.
This week on the UK Chart, however, Dead Space 3 has to make a new home at No. 2 after making itself cosy at No. 1 last week, as FIFA 13, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and Far Cry 3 are all forced down by one place in the shuffle.
Assassin’s Creed III makes hectic tracks up to No. 6 from No. 12 last week, but Need For Speed: Most Wanted is content with spinning its wheels at No. 7, while Just Dance 4 slowly sways in place at No. 8. Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed moves up one place to No. 9, and Halo 4 completes the Top Ten line-up by shifting up from No. 13 into the coveted spot.
The Top Twenty All Format UK Software Sales Chart follows below:
- 1.) Aliens: Colonial Marines (SEGA) New
- 2.) Dead Space 3 (EA)
- 3.) FIFA 13 (EA)
- 4.) Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Activision)
- 5.) Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
- 6.) Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
- 7.) Need For Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
- 8.) Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
- 9.) Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed (SEGA)
- 10.) Halo 4 (Microsoft)
- 11.) Hitman Absolution (Square Enix)
- 12.) The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda Softworks)
- 13.) Skylanders Giants (Activision)
- 14.) Hitman HD Trilogy (Square Enix)
- 15.) LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- 16.) LEGO Lord of the Rings (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- 17.) Forza Horizon (Microsoft)
- 18.) Football Manager 2013 (SEGA)
- 19.) Dishonored (Bethesda Softworks)
- 20.) Grand Theft Auto IV (Take-Two)
You can read over last week’s UK Software Sales listing here.
Source: Chart Track