This week’s Media Create software chart is once again dominated by 3DS titles, with no less than seven games for Nintendo’s handheld appearing in the top ten. Square Enix’s impressive remake of the PSone classic Dragon Quest VII slaughtered the competition with 836 654 copies sold during its first four days on sale. As reported earlier this week, the game has already shipped one million copies and looks set to be a regular member of the ‘top ten club’ for many weeks to come.
Animal Crossing: New Leaf continues to sell well and surpassed 2.5 million units sold during the past week. If there’s one lesson publishers can learn from recent Media Create sales figures it’s that familiar Japanese franchises (especially RPGs) generally excel on the 3DS platform. Nintendo’s handheld will soon pass the Wii in terms of install base, so it wouldn’t be surprising if various publishers announced some major new games for the system over the coming months.
Here are the ten best-selling titles during the past week:
- [NEW] Dragon Quest VII: Warriors of Eden (Square Enix) – 3DS – 827 922
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo) – 3DS – 81 559
- Fantasy Life (Level-5) – 3DS – 13 342
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo) – 3DS – 11 685
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Capcom) – 3DS – 10 523
- Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Super Deluxe Edition (Namco Bandai) – Wii – 8 859
- Demon Gaze (Kadokawa Games) – PS Vita – 8 170
- DmC: Devil May Cry (Capcom) – PS3 – 7 476
- Taiko no Tatsujin: Chibi Dragon to Fushigi na Orb (Namco Bandai) – 3DS – 7 459
- Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire! (Namco Bandai) – 3DS – 7 383
Head over here for this week’s hardware chart.
Source: Media Create