UK Software Chart: Dead Space 3 takes down terror and FIFA 13 for the week of February 9thWritten by: / / No Comments
EA’s Dead Space 3 was the sole new release in Chart Track’s listing of the Top 40 best-selling games of the last week in the UK, and it also happened to take the top spot on the chart on debut ahead of consistent performers FIFA 13, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Far Cry 3 and Hitman: HD Trilogy.
This week’s chart is most probably the most boring of 2013 as eleven games in the Top Twenty, and seven games in the Top Ten, didn’t budge an inch on the listing. Interestingly, however, Dead Space 3’s launch week sales are down 26.6% compared to the launch of Dead Space 2. 65% of Dead Space 3 was sold on Xbox 360, while PlayStation 3 took 31% and PC the remaining 4%.
According to Chart Track, Xbox 360 has made more gains in the series since Dead Space 2’s release two years ago when Xbox 360 sales accounted for 56%, PS3 took 40% and PC 4%.
Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed is the biggest mover on the chart this week, gaining eight places and moving from No. 18 to No. 10 thanks to the release of the 3DS version of the game, and a 50% sales boost. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (sales down 63%) tumbles from No. 1 to No. 6 this week.
The Top Twenty All Format UK Software Sales Chart follows below:
- 1.) Dead Space 3 (EA) New
- 2.) FIFA 13 (EA)
- 3.) Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Activision)
- 4.) Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
- 5.) Hitman HD Trilogy (Square Enix)
- 6.) Ni No Kuni: Wrath Of The White Witch (Namco Bandai)
- 7.) Need For Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
- 8.) Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
- 9.) Hitman Absolution (Square Enix)
- 10.) Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed (SEGA)
- 11.) The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda Softworks)
- 12.) Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
- 13.) Halo 4 (Microsoft)
- 14.) Forza Horizon (Microsoft)
- 15.) Skylanders Giants (Activision)
- 16.) Football Manager 2013 (SEGA)
- 17.) LEGO Lord of the Rings (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- 18.) LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- 19.) Madden NFL 13 (EA)
- 20.) Forza Motorsport 4 (Microsoft)
You can read over last week’s UK Software Sales listing here.
Source: Chart Track