This week’s Nintendo eShop Update features a great selection of retro titles such as Mega Man 2 and Sengoku 2, along with more recent releases such as Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed and Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage 2. Firefighter simulation Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D blazes onto the 3DS this week while a demo for the innovative side-scrolling platformer Fractured Soul is also available for the handheld.
Here’s this week’s Update in full:
Wii U Download Software
- Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage 2
Download Versions of Packaged Software
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (3DS)
3DS Download Software
Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D
- The red-hot excitement of Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D has finally come to Nintendo 3DS! Pull on your firefighter uniform and prepare to face a raging inferno of challenges! As a graduate straight out of the firefighting academy, it’s up to you to stand by your squad and join them in a battle against the flames. From extinguishing small fires before they spread and dealing with large (but under control) blazes to holding back explosive firestorms and rescuing people from danger, each mission is a new and complex challenge waiting to be conquered. Along the way, you’ll learn to use every tool of the firefighting trade, from rotary saws and axes to the trusty fire hose!
Mega Man 2 (3DS) – £4.49/€4.99
- Regarded as one of the greatest action games of all time, Mega Man 2 improves upon its already superb predecessor. With even more stages and Robot Masters, its sheer size and scope are enough to get gamers’ hearts palpitating! The year is 200X. Dr. Light’s super-robot, Mega Man, has succeeded in defeating the nefarious Dr. Wily, and peace reigns over the planet. However, Dr. Wily has returned with a new army of Robot Masters to challenge our hero! Can Mega Man save the world again?
Sengoku 2 (Wii) – 900 Nintendo Points
- Originally released in 1993, Sengoku 2 is a scrolling beat ‘em up game featuring warriors that have been summoned by a sorceress princess to take down a dark lord while battling through various epochs. As in the original Sengoku, you can transform your characters ‒ however, this time you don’t have to save your ally to be able to transform into them, as you can change among the Ninja, Tengu and Ninja Dog freely right from the beginning. Furthermore, one of the new elements to this sequel is the incorporation of build up attacks and defense, giving a more tactical twist to the action brawler gameplay.
Fractured Soul – Free
- Old-school platforming on two screens at once! Fractured Soul is a classic side-scrolling platform game with a twist: you have to play it across both screens simultaneously! Created by platform gamers for platform gamers and exclusively for Nintendo 3DS, Fractured Soul literally adds a new dimension to this much-loved genre.
- The Beet Party: Jurassic Fridge (3DS)
Source: Nintendo UK