Ubisoft has announced the release dates for the upcoming The Tyranny of King Washington downloadable content episodes for Assassin’s Creed III.
The new singleplayer experience will consist of three episodes and will let players discover an alternate history of the events following the American Revolution.
Episode 1: The Infamy will be available on the Xbox 360 and PC on February 19th, with the PS3 following on February 20th. Episode 2: The Betrayal will release on Xbox 360 and PC on March 19th, and on the PS3 on March 20th. Episode 3: The Redemption will follow on Xbox 360 and PC on April 23rd with the PS3 release set for April 24th.
You’ll be able to download the three episodes through the Assassin’s Creed III Season Pass, which will cost you 2400 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE or €29.99 on the PlayStation Network and PC. Alternatively each episode will be available for purchase separately for 800 Microsoft Points or €9.99. The DLC will also be available through the Nintendo eShop for the Wii U.
The first episode of the new DLC sees Ratonhnhaké:ton awakening from an “unsettling dream to find that, despite his efforts to deliver justice in the newly-founded United States of America, a new king has been crowned ‒ George Washington.” It will take begin the journey to dethrone King Washington.
In order to combat him, Ratonhnhaké:ton will need to master new abilities, including the Power of the Bear and being Alpha of the Pack:
- Power of the Bear ‒ Fills Ratonhnhaké:ton with the strength and fury of the mighty bear.
- Power of the Eagle ‒ Delivers a burst of speed, empowering Ratonhnhaké:ton with blinding agility.
- Power of the Wolf ‒ Adopt the master camouflage of the wolf, rendering Ratonhnhaké:ton undetectable.
- Warpaint ‒ A symbol of power and courage enhancing Ratonhnhaké:ton’s abilities.
- Alpha of the Pack ‒ Command a brotherhood of fearsome and ruthless wolves.
Look over the new trailer and screenshots from Episode 1 below and let us know if you’re looking forward to the new DLC in the comments section below.