There are three new entries on this week’s Media Create software chart, led by PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale in fifth position. The game only managed to sell 11 758 copies during its first few days at retail which must fall a long way short of Sony’s expectations for this PS3 and PS Vita mascot fighter. Perhaps the game’s character roster is one of the aspects which narrows its appeal in Japan as most of the fighters are taken from Western franchises.
The other new entries this week are the PS3 and PSP versions of Accel World: Kasoku no Chouten (Apex of Acceleration). This game is based on a fairly popular anime TV series and looks like a combination of visual novel and combat simulator.
Here are the ten best-selling titles during the past week:
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo) – 3DS – 65 740
- Fantasy Life (Level-5) – 3DS – 20 606
- DmC: Devil May Cry (Capcom) – PS3 – 15 157
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo) – 3DS – 12 546
- [NEW] PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (Sony Computer Entertainment) – PS3 – 11 758
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Capcom) – 3DS – 11 330
- [NEW] Accel World: Kasoku no Chouten (Namco Bandai) – PS3 – 10 551
- Demon Gaze (Kadokawa Games) – PS Vita – 10 424
- Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Super Deluxe Edition (Namco Bandai) – Wii – 10 125
- [NEW] Accel World: Kasoku no Chouten (Namco Bandai) – PSP – 8 633
Head over here for this week’s hardware chart.
Source: Media Create