Free PlayStation Home Arcade app hits PS Vita this week, trailer insideWritten by: / / No Comments
If you’re a fan of retro games then don’t miss out on the free PlayStation Home Arcade app for PS Vita that is out on the PlayStation Store this week. This app allows you to purchase and play arcade titles from PlayStation Home on your handheld, and supports Cross-Buy so you’ll only need to pay once to enjoy the games on offer on both PS Vita and PS3 (via your arcade cabinet in PlayStation Home).
The app comes with two free titles – Ice Breaker and Wipeout 2D – as well as a one-level demo for Scribble Shooter.
Here’s a breakdown of all the games currently available through the PlayStation Home Arcade app:
Wipeout 2D (Free)
- Four tracks, 12 teams. Direct from the PlayStation Home WipEout Museum space comes WipEout 2D, the top-down twist on Sony Computer Entertainment’s all-time classic anti-gravity racer.
Ice Breaker (Free)
- Trapped behind an ice wall, pinned down by the snowballs of an irate eskimo: Take control of Penguin, smashing bricks with his perpetually bouncing ball. Lead him to freedom in this enduring favourite from the PlayStation Home Bowling Alley space.
Scribble Shooter ($1.49/£0.79/€0.99)
- Welcome to the U.S.S. Hiro ‒ paper-bound starship, eraser supreme, defender of the page! Over ten mind-bending missions, pilot Hiro beyond the fringes of insanity to erase the Scribbles and free the Paperverse from UggyNyxx; the roughest drawn doodle from this or any other another dimension.
Mad Blocker ($1.49/£0.79/€0.99)
- The mischievous morphing Fluzzles are stuck in Block form. Line them up, according to color, creating links of four or more to free them in this quirky, hand-drawn puzzler from Open Emotion Studios.
- From the Golden Age arcade cabinet to PlayStation Home and the PS Home Arcade. Atari’s all-time 2D classic is here to play in all its original retro-gaming glory.
- Blast the rocks and saucers, avoid enemy fire and asteroid collisions. Stay alive, keep on scoring. Simple, addictive and one of the most influential games of all time: Atari’s Asteroids, available now as an arcade cabinet in PlayStation Home and on PS Vita via the PS Home Arcade.
Time Pilot ($1.49/£0.79/€0.99)
- Travel back to the year 1982 and the birth of Konami’s Golden Age gaming classic. Fly through time and space, battling enemy aviators throughout the ages, rescuing your fellow pilots and returning them to their own time. A 360 degree gameplay pioneer, Time Pilot remains an essential addition to any gaming collection.
- One Frog, his river home so tantalisingly close. His way barred by a busy four-lane highway, fraught and heaving with traffic. This deadliest of commutes remains one of the most elegant and memorable set-ups in gaming history. Konami’s Frogger: suitable for kids and the kid inside. Still as good as you remember.
- Giant Asteroids fall from the sky. It’s an attack! The Alien bombardment of Earth has begun. In command of a giant laser cannon, it’s up to you to blast the extraterrestrial menace from the skies. The fate of the world is in your hands in this all-time classic, brought to you by Realtime Associates.
Shark Shark ($1.49/£0.79/€0.99)
- Take your place in the food chain, chowing down upon the small fry to bulk up and take on the bigger fish. Negotiate the perils of the ocean and watch out for the sharks. In the dank depths of the deep blue sea, there’s always something out there bigger and hungrier than you!
Source: PlayStation Blog