Media Create Japanese Software Sales for week ending January 27th: Hitman: Absolution slips into the chartWritten by: / / No Comments
Despite the top two positions on the latest Media Create software chart remaining unchanged from last week, five new entries push a number of familiar titles out of the top ten and Level-5’s popular RPG Fantasy Life reappears in fifth spot thanks to stock shortage issues having been resolved.
Interestingly, there’s a wide sales disparity between Animal Crossing: New Leaf and DmC: Devil May Cry despite the latter being the more recent of the two titles.
Dungeon crawler Demon Gaze is one of two PS Vita titles in the top ten, and employs the ‘moe’ art style that we so often see in games featured on the Media Create chart.
Besides DmC, Hitman: Absolution is the only Western-developed title in the top ten. The PS3 version of the game sold 22 233 copies during its first few days on sale while the Xbox 360 build failed to chart in the top twenty.
Here are the ten best-selling titles during the past week:
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo) – 3DS – 82 370
- DmC: Devil May Cry (Capcom) – PS3 – 31 627
- [NEW] Gintama no Sugoroku (Namco Bandai) – PSP – 27 011
- [NEW] Demon Gaze (Kadokawa Games) – PS Vita – 25 316
- Fantasy Life (Level-5) – 3DS – 25 042
- [NEW] Genkai Totsuki Monster Monpiece (Compile Heart) – PS Vita – 24 978
- [NEW] Kamisama to Unmei Kakumei no Paradox (Nippon Ichi Software) – PS3 – 23 417
- [NEW] Hitman: Absolution (Square Enix) – PS3 – 22 233
- Digimon Adventure (Namco Bandai) – PSP – 13 991
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo) – 3DS – 12 834
Head over here for this week’s hardware chart.
Source: Media Create