In case you missed the news last week, The Last of Us is getting two fantastic special editions in European territories that are themed around the game’s lead characters Joel and Ellie.
The Joel Edition and Ellie Edition are now available to pre-order from local videogame retailer BT Games, although a price has not been set at this point. These special editions are priced at £59.99/€79.99 in Europe so it’s likely that they will cost around R900 or so locally.
Here’s a rundown of what you can expect in each special edition:
- A copy of the game
- Tactile canvas wrap packaging
- A mini artbook titled ‘The Art of The Last of Us’ which Dark Horse teamed up with Naughty Dog to produce
- The first issue of ‘The Last of Us: American Dreams’ which is the first in a series of comic books that explores the backstory of Ellie and features a unique variant cover
- Artwork representing each character on the premium outer and inner packaging
- A screen print effect poster
- A DualShock 3 skin, branded with either Joel or Ellie
- Voucher codes for a downloadable Joel or Ellie costume for LittleBigPlanet’s Sackboy
Survival DLC Pack
- Bonus XP
- Melee booster
- In-game currency
- Customisable character items
Bonus Joel and Ellie skins available once the single player game is completed
Sights & Sounds DLC Pack
- Official game soundtrack by Academy Award-winning musician Gustavo Santaolalla
- PS3 Dynamic Theme
- PSN avatars: Winter Joel & Ellie
Interestingly, BT Games’ info page for each special edition makes no mention of the mini artbook or comic book detailed above despite featuring a product image depicting both these items. We reached out to the company on Twitter and they responded with the following comment:
“We are waiting for a confirmation from the supplier on the confirmed details on this item, will keep you posted.”
The Last of Us will be available on May 7th worldwide exclusively for PS3. Head over here for El33tonline’s previous coverage of this likely Game of the Year contender.