Borderlands 2 hot fixes released to correct in-game issues… for nowWritten by: / / No Comments
Do you want to know about the latest updates and fixes for Borderlands 2? Have you ever wondered what a ‘hot fix’ for a game is? Were you pondering the meaning of life and came upon the answer ‘Borderlands 2?’
Then we can help address at least two of your three mind meanderings with news straight from Gearbox Software!
A set of hot fixes were recently rolled out for Borderlands 2 across Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC, all of which adjusted, tweaked and removed some or other portion of the game, but the really interesting thing is Gearbox Software’s explanation for what ‘hot fix’ really is – here are the changes you can expect in Borderlands 2 the next time you start the game:
- Adjusted Mechromancer’s Sweetheart class mod to correctly increase team health.
- Assassin’s “Slayer of Terramorphous” class mod no longer includes Gunzerker skill bonus.
- Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage : Critical hits against Midgets now register properly.
- Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage : Rat Thief enemies are no longer allowed in Pete’s Bar due to patron concerns regarding excessive theft.
- Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage : Torgue vending machines can now stock up to level 50 legendary weapons.
But what does Gearbox classify as a hot fix? Here’s the team’s definition:
“A hot fix is automatically applied at the ‘Press Start’ screen when Borderlands 2 is connected to the internet,” reads an explanation on the developer’s official blog. “In general, hot fixes are used to temporarily address issues between major updates. Hot fixes are not permanent – they are temporarily stored in memory during the game session and lost upon exiting Borderlands 2.
“A hot fix differs from an update in that an update contains changes that are permanently stored on your system and only needs to be downloaded once,” the post concludes.”
Thanks for the science, Gearbox!
Were any of the issues addressed with the hot fix bothering you in Borderlands 2? What’s the next set of issues the team should take care of? And when do you think they’ll release a cap increase for our level 50 characters?
We can only hope it’s soon!