When Activision and Treyarch revealed the collector’s edition version of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 last year, it seemed absolutely bonkers. Not only did you get additional downloadable content and bits of memorabilia, but also included in the giant Care Package chest was the remote controlled ‘Dragonfire Drone’ quad-copter toy.
Years before we had got RC cars and night vision goggles with previous Call of Duty special editions, but Ubisoft is trying to up the ante with the recently revealed collector’s edition for Splinter Cell: Blacklist.
Called the ‘Paladin Aircraft Edition,’ this very special version of Splinter Cell: Blacklist includes extra downloadable content, a limited edition poster, a graphic novel, an additional co-op map… and a “ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane.”
Here’s the full list of stuff you’ll get with the Paladin edition:
- Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
- 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
- Exclusive Billionaire’s Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire’s yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
- Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
- Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
It’s currently retailing for $169.99 at online US stores, but it’s not yet clear whether or not this version of the game will be available outside of North America. We’ll put out a query now, but while we wait for an answer you can look over the plane’s impressive statistics below:
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:
- Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
- Flight speed: over 35mph
- Flying radius: over 250 feet
- Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher’s goggles
- User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
- Launch by hand or runway
- Highly durable
- Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
- 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
- Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
- Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
- Wingspan: 650 mm / 25.6 in
- Length: 600 mm / 23.6 in
- Weight (with battery): 270 g / 8.7 oz
- Motor: Twin 30mm Electric Ducted Fan Units
- Radio: 2.4 GHZ , 3 Channel RC controls throttle, elevator and vector thrust steering
- Battery: Li-Po 11.1V 600mAh, 15C
- Charger: Auto-Cut Off Peak balancing Lipoly Charger with A/C adapter
- Constructed of high quality, durable EPO foam
Splinter Cell: Blacklist – Paladin Collector’s Edition Overview Video