This week’s Nintendo eShop Update is surprisingly jam-packed for January. Ron Gilbert and Double Fine’s platform-adventure The Cave makes its debut on the Wii U while the main new attraction on the 3DS is a sequel to Picross e.
Take a look at the full line-up below:
3DS Download Software
Picross e2 – £4.49
- The sequel to Picross e offers a new navigation feature to make gameplay even smoother. As with the previous game, this sequel has 150 new puzzles, plus an all new gameplay element known as Micross. Picross is a Picture Crossword Puzzle Game in which you use numbers as hints to complete illustrations. The rules are simple and easy to understand. Anyone can do it!
35 Junior Games – £4.49
- See your favorite games come alive! Get up close and personal with the most exciting game collection for kids and teens! Dive into mind boggling puzzles or fast and furious action challenges. These games will seem to come alive in your very own hands with engaging graphics and electrifying 3D effects. Now the games you love most offer even more fun and hours upon hours of entertainment!
Snowboard Xtreme – £1.79 / €1.99 / 200 Nintendo Points
- Snowboard Xtreme offers a race against the clock through stages filled with dangers ‒ you’ll need a lot of skill, because time isn’t on your side! Try to take full advantage of the terrain, earning extra time by passing through the flags correctly. Beat your friends and family on the local ranking and reach number one. Do not hesitate to take control of Dundee the Mad Crocodile. Good luck!
3DS Software Update
- Nintendo Presents: New Style Boutique – Free
Babel Rising – 500 Nintendo Points
- As God, will you accept that heretics are building the Tower of Babel to reach the skies? If they succeed, don’t hope to be worshipped any more. They will turn their back on you, despise you… Use your mighty powers to show them who rules. Crush them with your hands, launch your thunderbolts and trigger whirlwinds, tsunamis or even rains of fire. After all, they’re only humans!
Wii U Retail Software
- Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth – £39.99
Wii U Download Software
The Cave – £9.99
- Assemble a team of adventurers and dive into the murky caverns in search of the darkness at their heart. Explore The Cave, a new adventure game from Monkey Island creator Ron Gilbert and Double Fine, available to download from Nintendo eShop on Wii U. Investigate a ginormous cave filled with puzzles that’ll twist your grey matter into little knots. Each character can only carry one item at a time, so there’s no hoarding everything you can lay your mitts on ‒ you’ll need brains, not endless pockets, to solve the perplexing puzzles ahead. But this isn’t your regular, run-of-the-mill cave ‒ it talks for a start. What other mysteries lurk in its dingy depths? Well, there’s actually a medieval castle, a nuclear missile and underground carnival filled with attractions like the “The Amazing Two-Legged Woman”. There’s plenty more to discover, though; the cave told us so. Pick three characters from a ragtag bunch of seven unlikely adventurers, each with a unique personality and ability, and switch between them as you try to get to the bottom of this curious cavern. Use the Monk’s telekinesis to move objects, teleport over short distances as the Time Traveller and marvel at the Hillbilly’s remarkable extended underwater breathing ability. Create mirage versions of the Twins, fix machines with the Scientist’s superior mind, fire the adventurer’s grappling hook, and use the Knight’s invulnerability to withstand attack. With powers like that, surely a simple cave won’t pose any trouble: right? Share all this satisfying puzzle-solving with a pair of pals by playing the whole adventure in local co-op. Experience seven very different stories, full of humour, unique locations and puzzles, and uncover the astonishing secrets that lurk in the darkest depths of The Cave.
Wii U Demo
- The Cave
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Wii U eShop Reduction
- Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition – £6.29