Media Create Japanese Software Sales for week ending January 20th: Devil May Cry ascends to top spotWritten by: / / No Comments
This week’s Media Create software chart looks a little healthier than it has in previous weeks thanks to two new entries charting in the top three. The PS3 version of DmC: Devil May Cry cruised into first place despite opening sales being just over half of what Devil May Cry 4 achieved back in February 2008. This is at least an improvement over the UK market where Devil May Cry’s initial sales were only around a third of DmC4’s.
Other new entry Digimon Adventure took third spot with 47 807 copies sold during its first few days at retail. This PSP title is apparently one of the ways Namco Bandai is celebrating the fifteenth anniversary of the Digimon franchise.
Here are the ten best-selling titles during the past week:
- [NEW] DmC: Devil May Cry (Capcom) – PS3 – 110 429
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo) – 3DS – 97 448
- [NEW] Digimon Adventure (Namco Bandai) – PSP – 47 807
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo) – 3DS – 17 803
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Capcom) – 3DS – 13 728
- Inazuma Eleven Go 2: Chrono Stone – Neppuu / Raimei (Level-5) – 3DS – 12 019
- Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire! (Namco Bandai) – 3DS – 11 684
- Paper Mario: Sticker Star (Nintendo) – 3DS – 11 055
- New Super Mario Bros. U (Nintendo) – Wii U – 9 598
- Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage 2 (Tecmo Koei) – PS3 – 9 365
Head over here for this week’s hardware chart.
Source: Media Create