Things are hotting up on the PlayStation Store this week thanks to tomorrow’s release of the highly anticipated JRPG Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch along with Ron Gilbert’s promising platform-adventure The Cave. PlayStation Plus members will be able to snag an exclusive demo for Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time while regular PSN users can download demos for both Dead Space 3 and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.
Here’s this week’s PS Store Preview in full:
- Exclusive demo: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch ($59.99)
- Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is an epic tale of a young boy, Oliver, who embarks on a journey to become a master magician and bring back his dead mother from the parallel world of Ni no Kuni. Along the way he encounters some extraordinary characters, many of whom become helpful allies. They guide Oliver as he explores the vast world and learns the magical skills that will make him strong enough to face his most deadly foes, and ultimately survive an encounter with the White Witch herself. The world of Ni no Kuni actually runs parallel to the real world. Players will be able to travel between the two. Characters who appear in one world appear in the other as well, but with different roles in this unique RPG experience.
Just Dance 4
- Just Dance 4 is the perfect catalyst for the best parties, no matter what the occasion, thanks to innovative modes like the all-new Battle mode, an upgraded Just Sweat mode, and even more fun, alternative dances. Everything you know and love about Just Dance gets even better with Just Dance 4—hot new tracks, fun irreverent dances, and more.
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
- As Ryu Hayabusa you are out to seek revenge after your clan is massacred by the Vigor Empire. Realistic battle actions and acrobatic ninja moves are at your finger-tips. You play with only your wits, your ninja skills, and your deadly sword. Slice down opponents in the Vigor Empire as you attempt to beat the Holy Emperor and reclaim the magic sword “Ryuken”.
- Dead Space 3
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Dust 514 (Open Beta)
- DUST 514 brings intense infantry combat, large-scale warfare, and deep character advancement to a free-to-play massively multiplayer shooter, exclusively on the PlayStation 3. Wage war in the next generation of first-person shooters, where a single victory could prove the crushing blow to a galactic empire of thousands of online EVE Online gamers.
The Cave ($14.99)
- The Cave is an adventure from Ron Gilbert, and Double Fine Productions. Assemble your team of 3 from 7 unlikely adventurers, each with his own unique personalities and stories. Then descend into the mysterious depths to explore a variety of locations including a subterranean amusement park and a medieval castle, not to mention a fully armed and ready-to-launch nuclear tipped ICBM. The Cave awaits.
Mad Dog McCree ($7.99)
- Mad Dog McCree
- The Cave
PS Vita Games
- EscapeVektor is a retro styled arcade game in which the player controls Vektor, an entity trapped in the player’s system. The player has to help Vektor escape the Vita’s CPU which has been holding him captive. In making his escape, Vektor must avoid enemies sent out by the CPU.
PS Vita Demos
- Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013
- Central to its total freedom of play, the game introduces a power bar for each player that allows the user to determine the exact strength and placement of every pass and shot. Balls can now be spread absolutely anywhere with surgical precision, with long balls into space, short passes to feet, and intricate one-twos allowing the player to dictate play and control the tempo of a match.
Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories ($9.99)
- Nippon Ichi’s followup to the original Disgaea features a story focusing on Adell, who fights to save his family, and Rozalin, the daughter of Zenon. The game includes new battle systems and promises over 100 hours of gameplay.
- Gun Commando