Media Create Japanese Software Sales for week ending January 13th: 3DS titles run riotWritten by: / / No Comments
It’s been another successful week for 3DS games in Japan judging by the latest Media Create software chart. Only three non-3DS titles made it into the top ten, while games like Animal Crossing: New Leaf and New Super Mario Bros. 2 continued their winning ways at the top of the chart.
There are no new entries in the top twenty, and software sales are fairly low across the board. Hopefully we will get some new titles soon to help kick-start the Japanese gaming industry into life for 2013. DmC: Devil May Cry should feature on next week’s chart so it will be interesting to see what kind of sales Ninja Theory’s reboot can generate.
Here are the ten best-selling titles during the past week:
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo) – 3DS – 83 220
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo) – 3DS – 21 784
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Capcom) – 3DS – 14 809
- Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire! (Namco Bandai) – 3DS – 14 602
- Paper Mario: Sticker Star (Nintendo) – 3DS – 14 472
- Inazuma Eleven Go 2: Chrono Stone – Neppuu / Raimei (Level-5) – 3DS – 13 834
- Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage 2 (Tecmo Koei) – PS3 – 13 289
- New Super Mario Bros. U (Nintendo) – Wii U – 12 400
- Nintendo Land (Nintendo) – Wii U – 11 703
- Taiko no Tatsujin: Chibi Dragon to Fushigi na Orb (Namco Bandai) – 3DS – 10 014
Head over here for this week’s hardware chart.
Source: Media Create