Ahead of the formal announcement of Batman: Arkham City way back in the middle of 2010, a number of domain registrations by Warner Bros. Interactive came to light, seemingly alluding to the name of the next game from Rocksteady.
Amongst these names was a registration for a website domain ‘Batman: Arkham City,’ which is what the sequel to Arkham Asylum ended up being called. History is repeating itself, as domain registrations for another Batman property have been made by Warner Bros.
Amongst the list of domains are names including ‘Universe,’ ‘Begins,’ ‘Rises,’ and ‘Dark Knight,’ as well as ‘Legends,’ ‘Origins,’ Stories’ and ‘Arkhamverse,’ all preceded by ‘Arkham’ – here’s the full list:
- arkhamuniverse.com (Arkham Universe)
- batmanarkahmuniverse.com (Batman Arkham Universe)
- batmanarkhamarises.com (Batman Arkham Arises)
- batmanarkhambegins.com (Batman Arkham Begins)
- batmanarkhamdarkknight.com (Batman Arkham Dark Knight)
- batmanarkhamknight.com (Batman Arkham Knight)
- batmanarkhamlegend.com (Batman Arkham Legend)
- batmanarkhamlegends.com (Batman Arkham Legends)
- batmanarkhamnight.com (Batman Arkham Night)
- batmanarkhamorigins.com (Batman Arkham Origins)
- batmanarkhamstories.com (Batman Arkham Stories)
- darkknightarkham.com (Dark Knight Arkham)
- dcarkhamuniverse.com (DC Arkham Universe)
- dcarkhamverse.com (DC Arkhamverse)
- thearkhamuniverse.com (The Arkham Universe)
Which of these names will eventually be chosen for the next Batman game from Rocksteady? Or are these domains for Warner and DC’s next movie? What about the next TV series, animated show or comic book series?
We’ll have to wait and see what Warner Bros. has in store for these domain registrations, but which of the above names makes you most excited for the next something-something in The Batman’s universe?