There are no new entries on this week’s Media Create software chart but it makes for fascinating reading nevertheless. Fourteen 3DS titles feature in the list of top twenty best-selling games, with seven making an appearance in the top ten. Developer support for the 3DS is clearly at an all-time high and should continue to gain momentum during 2013 due to the incredible popularity of the system and relatively cheap development costs associated with it.
Animal Crossing: New Leaf has now sold more than two million copies in Japan, while New Super Mario Bros. 2 looks set to reach this milestone during the next few months.
Level-5 will be pleased to see two of its games – Inazuma Eleven Go 2 and Fantasy Life – performing well after Professor Layton Vs. Ace Attorney failed to make any real impact on the charts.
Here are the ten best-selling titles during the past week:
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo) – 3DS – 133 134
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo) – 3DS – 90 264
- Paper Mario: Sticker Star (Nintendo) – 3DS – 68 262
- Inazuma Eleven Go 2: Chrono Stone – Neppuu / Raimei (Level-5) – 3DS – 51 519
- New Super Mario Bros. U (Nintendo) – Wii U – 50 319
- Fantasy Life (Level-5) – 3DS – 42 291
- Nintendo Land (Nintendo) – Wii U – 41 426
- One Piece: Romance Dawn – Bouken no Yoake (Namco Bandai) – PSP – 40 137
- Magician’s Quest: Magical Town (Konami) – 3DS – 38 986
- Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire! (Namco Bandai) – 3DS – 35 624
Head over here for this week’s hardware chart.
Source: Media Create