Media Create Japanese Software Sales for week ending January 6th: 3DS titles dominateWritten by: / / No Comments
There are no new entries on this week’s Media Create software chart but it makes for fascinating reading nevertheless. Fourteen 3DS titles feature in the list of top twenty best-selling games, with seven making an appearance in the top ten. Developer support for the 3DS is clearly at an all-time high and should continue to gain momentum during 2013 due to the incredible popularity of the system and relatively cheap development costs associated with it.
Animal Crossing: New Leaf has now sold more than two million copies in Japan, while New Super Mario Bros. 2 looks set to reach this milestone during the next few months.
Level-5 will be pleased to see two of its games – Inazuma Eleven Go 2 and Fantasy Life – performing well after Professor Layton Vs. Ace Attorney failed to make any real impact on the charts.
Here are the ten best-selling titles during the past week:
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo) – 3DS – 133 134
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo) – 3DS – 90 264
- Paper Mario: Sticker Star (Nintendo) – 3DS – 68 262
- Inazuma Eleven Go 2: Chrono Stone – Neppuu / Raimei (Level-5) – 3DS – 51 519
- New Super Mario Bros. U (Nintendo) – Wii U – 50 319
- Fantasy Life (Level-5) – 3DS – 42 291
- Nintendo Land (Nintendo) – Wii U – 41 426
- One Piece: Romance Dawn – Bouken no Yoake (Namco Bandai) – PSP – 40 137
- Magician’s Quest: Magical Town (Konami) – 3DS – 38 986
- Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire! (Namco Bandai) – 3DS – 35 624
Head over here for this week’s hardware chart.
Source: Media Create