UK Software Chart: FIFA 13 jostles with Far Cry 3 during week of December 8thWritten by: / / No Comments
After burning the chart at the end of 2012, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 has given up its place at the top of Chart Track’s UK Software sales listing and put an end to its fight with FIFA 13… for now, at least.
Once that first map pack is released, we may very well see Black Ops 2 make a return to the top, but until then, a new battle for supremacy has begun here in 2013.
Far Cry 3 is the new challenger after working its way to the top of the chart last week, but FIFA 13 is having none of it despite a whopping 51% decrease in sales compared to the lucrative holiday season. This makes it the fifth time FIFA 13 has hit the top spot on the chart, and the game hasn’t appeared any lower than No. 4 since release.
Far Cry 3, however, drops to No. 2 from No. 1 with a huge 65% drop in sales, but this is to be expected after the holiday season. Black Ops 2 (sales down 66%) is a non-mover at No. 3, Hitman Absolution (sales down 66%) remains at No. 4 and Need For Speed: Most Wanted (sales down 60%) is also acting very stubbornly at No. 5
Elsewhere, Halo 4 steps up to No. 6 from No. 7 and swaps places with Just Dance 4, Forza Horizon races up two places to No. 8, LEGO Lord of the Rings remains at No. 9 and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim skips up from No. 12 to No. 10.
The Top Twenty All Format UK Software Sales Chart follows below:
- 1.) FIFA 13 (EA Sports)
- 2.) Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
- 3.) Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
- 4.) Hitman: Absolution (Square Enix)
- 5.) Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA Games)
- 6.) Halo 4 (Microsoft)
- 7.) Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
- 8.) Forza Horizon (Microsoft)
- 9.) LEGO Lord of the Rings (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- 10.) The Elder Scrolls V: Skryim (Bethesda)
- 11.) Assassin’s Creed 3 (Ubisoft)
- 12.) Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed (SEGA)
- 13.) Football Manager 2013 (SEGA)
- 14.) WWE ‘13 (THQ)
- 15.) Dishonored (Bethesda)
- 16.) Medal of Honor: Warfighter (EA)
- 17.) Skylanders: Giants (Activision)
- 18.) Forza Motorsport 4 (Microsoft)
- 19.) Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two (Disney Interactive)
- 20.) LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros. Interactive)
Source: Chart Track