Following the game’s delay from August 2012 to the first quarter of 2013, City Interactive has revealed a new release date for the company’s scope-based shooter.
The news came by way of a financial statement by City Interactive, revealing a March 12th release across Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.
If you’re not entirely sure what a ‘Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2’ is, then you can watch an impressive in-game trailer for the shooter below, and then continue on further below to discover some of its more appealing charms by way of a bullet-point list of features and some screenshots:
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 – Brutal War Crimes Bosnia Trailer
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 takes all the breathless anticipation, precise controls and skillful fun of sniping and mixes it with stealth and silent elimination play, action scenes, a co-operative move playbook
- Night vision and thermo vision goggles to use in limited visibility situations
- Vehicle sections are a new addition to the Sniper series
- Multiple and varied locations including urban, jungle, mountain and tundra environments
The Authentic, Modern Sniper Experience
- Realistic ballistics take into account the player’s location, wind speed and direction, breathing rate and distance from the target
- Snipers do not fight alone in the real world and nor do they in Sniper 2. Working with your spotter is key
- All environments are based on real-world locations
- An array of faithfully recreated weapons are at your disposal, including six sniper rifles, three assault rifles, heavy machine guns, and more
More Skill, More Rewards
- Silent kills allow for quiet enemy elimination and successful execution sees the player rewarded with a brutal kill animation
- Bullet cam shows particularly successful hits
- Limb dismemberment from large calibre guns and explosions
Innovation & Technology
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 is built on CryEngine3, the most advanced multi-platform development tool for current-generation consoles and for PC
- New equipment for stealth gameplay
- Multiplayer modes designed especially for sniper duels.
- Epic story crafted by acclaimed writers