Media Create Japanese Software Sales for week ending December 9th: Yakuza 5 holds off Nintendo delugeWritten by: / / No Comments
Sega’s expansive action adventure Yakuza 5 managed to top this week’s Media Create software chart, despite facing some stiff opposition from Wii U launch titles such as New Super Mario Bros. U and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. There are no less than nine games for Nintendo systems in the top ten – an incredible feat that’s unlikely to be repeated in the foreseeable future.
Paper Mario: Sticker Star for 3DS enjoyed a strong debut in third place while Ubisoft’s Wii U launch title ZombiU could only manage fifteenth spot with 13 000 copies shifted during its first couple of days on sale.
Tenth-placed Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney has been somewhat of an underperformer for Level-5, with sales sliding by 77% week-over-week to take its lifetime total to 158 127 copies.
Here are the ten best-selling titles during the past week:
- [NEW] Yakuza 5 (Sega) – PS3 – 356 757
- [NEW] New Super Mario Bros. U (Nintendo) – Wii U – 163 528
- [NEW] Paper Mario: Sticker Star (Nintendo) – 3DS – 129 054
- [NEW] Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Capcom) – Wii U – 106 388
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo) – 3DS – 89 195
- [NEW] Nintendo Land (Nintendo) – Wii U – 72 121
- Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Super Deluxe Edition (Namco Bandai Games) – Wii – 58 655
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo) – 3DS – 47 929
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Dungeon (Pokemon Co.) – 3DS – 43 005
- Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney (Level-5) – 3DS – 29 271
Head over here for this week’s hardware chart.
Source: Media Create