The Last of Us box art unveiled, pre-order bonuses reveal multiplayer modeWritten by: / / No Comments
PlayStation fans have been clamouring for fresh details about upcoming PS3 exclusive The Last of Us and Naughty Dog recently obliged by unveiling the game’s release date and releasing a new trailer during the Spike VGAs 2012.
Now the developer has revealed The Last of Us’ official box art and detailed a couple of pre-order bonuses providing first proof that the game will have a multiplayer component.
Here’s the box art:
The first pre-order bonus offered by many retailers is the Sights and Sounds Pack. This includes the following items:
- The official soundtrack of the game
- A PS3 dynamic theme featuring the cover art
- Two avatars for your PSN profile ‒ Winter Joel and Winter Ellie
Fans who pre-order The Last of Us from GameStop will receive the Survival Pack featuring the following bonuses:
- Bonus experience points for multiplayer
- A multiplayer melee attack booster
- Some extra starting in-game cash
- Special customizable character items for multiplayer
- Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign
Naughty Dog isn’t prepared to share multiplayer details with us just yet but thankfully the developer hasn’t ruled out the possibility of there being some sort of co-op component in the game.
The Last of Us will be released on May 7th worldwide. Head over here for El33tonline’s extensive coverage of this incredible-looking action adventure.
Source: PlayStation Blog