Media Create Japanese Software Sales for week ending December 2nd: 2nd Super Robot Wars OG annihilates Professor Layton vs. Ace AttorneyWritten by: / / No Comments
This week’s Media Create software chart once again proves how popular robot-themed games are in Japan. 2nd Super Robot Wars OG sold 217 710 copies during its first few days on sale to claim the number one spot ahead of Level-5 and Capcom’s crossover 3DS title Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney. It seems a bit odd that 2nd Super Robot Wars OG wasn’t released on other platforms besides PS3 because it could have potentially done huge numbers if this had been the case.
Third-placed Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Super Deluxe Edition is the first Wii title we’ve seen in the top ten for some time, while Animal Crossing: New Leaf continues to sell over 100k despite having been released almost a month ago.
Here are the ten best-selling titles during the past week:
- [NEW] 2nd Super Robot Wars OG (Namco Bandai Games) – PS3 – 217 710
- [NEW] Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney (Level-5) – 3DS – 128 856
- [NEW] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Super Deluxe Edition (Namco Bandai Games) – Wii – 115 955
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo) – 3DS – 105 553
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Dungeon (Pokemon Co.) – 3DS – 48 039
- Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (Sony Computer Entertainment) – PS3 – 37 874
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II – Subtitled Edition (Square Enix) – PS3 – 36 234
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo) – 3DS – 32 973
- [NEW] Fate/Stay Night -Realta Nua- (Kadokawa Shoten) – PS Vita – 30 583
- [NEW] Atelier Totori Plus: The Alchemist of Arland 2 (Gust) – PS Vita – 27 651
Head over here for this week’s hardware chart.
Source: Media Create