UK Software Chart: Black Ops 2 is too insane for Far Cry 3 during week of December 1stWritten by: / / No Comments
The videogame world may be raving about Far Cry 3, but after launching at the end of the week across all platforms Ubisoft’s latest first-person shooter simply couldn’t do enough to shake Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 from the top of the chart tree.
In the face of a console launch in Nintendo’s Wii U, and a much anticipated new open-world shooter (Far Cry 3), Black Ops 2 was still able to claim the No. 1 spot on Chart Track’s UK Software Sales listing, with Far Cry 3 following in hot pursuit at No. 2. Despite a 35% drop in sales, Black Ops 2 makes it three weeks in a row at the top, but Far Cry 3 was able to become the 9th biggest launch of 2012, behind Hitman: Absolution.
FIFA 13 (sales up 19%) is a non-mover at No. 3, helped by the release of the Wii U version of the game. Chart Track notes that FIFA 13 is now available on nine different platforms – a feat that hasn’t been managed since the 1993/1994 FIFA International Soccer. Meanwhile, Hitman: Absolution (sales down 51%) slips two places to No. 4, Assassin’s Creed III steps down one place to No. 5 (with sales of 53 923 units), while Just Dance 4 (sales up 48%) gains a place at No. 6.
LEGO Lord of the Rings (sales up 6%) swaps places with Just Dance 4, Halo 4 (sales down 12%) takes a trip from No. 5 to No. 8, Skylanders Giants (sales up 4%) drops one place to No. 9, and Need For Speed: Most Wanted (sales up 28%) makes a similar move down to No. 10.
Nintendo Land (at No. 11), New Super Mario Bros. U (at No. 14) and ZombiU (at No. 17) all make it into the Top 40 chart to represent the Wii U and its exclusive launch titles.
The Top Twenty All Format UK Software Sales Chart follows below:
- 1.) Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
- 2.) Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft) [New]
- 3.) FIFA 13 (EA Sports)
- 4.) Hitman: Absolution (Square Enix)
- 5.) Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
- 6.) Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
- 7.) LEGO Lord of the Rings (Warner Bros.)
- 8.) Halo 4 (Microsoft)
- 9.) Skylanders Giants (Activision)
- 10.) Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA Games)
- 11.) Nintendo Land (Nintendo) [New]
- 12.) Dishonored (Bethesda Softworks)
- 13.) Football Manager 2013 (SEGA)
- 14.) New Super Mario Bros. U (Nintendo) [New]
- 15.) WWE 13 (THQ)
- 16.) Moshi Monsters: Moshlings Theme Pack (Mind Candy)
- 17.) ZombiU (Ubisoft) [New]
- 18.) Medal of Honor: Warfighter (EA Games)
- 19.) New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo)
- 20.) Forza Horizon (Microsoft)
Source: Chart Track