It’s unusual for a game to spend three successive weeks at the top of the Media Create software chart but 3DS exclusive Animal Crossing: New Leaf just won’t budge from the number one spot. The game sold a further 213 414 copies during the past week, taking lifetime sales past 1 million copies.
The top four games on the latest software chart all sold more than 100 000 copies which is another rare occurrence and one that effectively demonstrates the highly appealing nature of the software line-up this past week.
The PS3 version of Call of Duty: Black Ops II sold impressively to occupy second spot on the chart, while the game’s Xbox 360 variant managed sixth position with just 22 177 copies sold.
Meanwhile, Capcom’s anime-styled Lost Planet spin-off E.X. Troopers achieved seventh position with 17 402 copies sold during its first few days on sale.
Here are the ten best-selling titles during the past week:
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo) – 3DS – 213 414
- [NEW] Call of Duty: Black Ops II – Subtitled Edition (Square Enix) – PS3 – 197 350
- [NEW] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Dungeon (Pokemon Co.) – 3DS – 121 480
- [NEW] Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (Sony Computer Entertainment) – PS3 – 100 862
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo) – 3DS – 34 971
- [NEW] Call of Duty: Black Ops II – Subtitled Edition (Square Enix) – Xbox 360 – 22 177
- [NEW] E.X. Troopers (Capcom) – 3DS – 17 402
- Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft) – PS3 – 16 379
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Best Price!) – Capcom – 3DS – 11 369
- [NEW] Dangerous Ji-San to 1000-nin no Otomodachi Yokoshima (Namco Bandai Games) – 3DS – 10 452
Head over here for this week’s hardware chart.
Source: Media Create