It’s just three more days to go until the Wii U launches across South Africa, and Nintendo are making sure that we have lots of games to choose from with no less than 17 games when the new console goes on sales this Friday, November 30th.
You’ll be able to choose from three hardware bundles. The Wii U Basic Pack features a Wii U console with 8GB internal storage and a Wii U GamePad, both in White, and will cost you R3 999 (recommended retail price). The Wii U Premium Pack, however, comes standard with a Black Wii U console and Wii U GamePad, 32GB of internal storage and bundled with Nintendo Land, and will retail at R4 599 (RRP). You can also go for the ZombiU Wii U Premium Pack, which includes a Black Wii U console and Wii U GamePad, and a Pro Controller, for R4 999 (RRP).
And let’s not forget the 17 launch titles, Nintendo are calling this “the strongest line-up of games for day one in Nintendo history.” This range includes strong third party titles such as FIFA 13 from EA and Call of Duty: Black Ops II from Activision and ZombiU from Ubisoft, as well as Nintendo-developed games, Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros U. Wii U game prices have been set at between R499 and R599 (RRP).
The full list of launch titles that will be available across South Africa this Friday follows below:
- Funky Barn (505 Games)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
- Skylanders Giants (Activision)
- Transformers Prime (Activision)
- FIFA 13 (EA Sports)
- Mass Effect 3 Special Edition (EA)
- Tank! Tank! Tank! (Namco Bandai)
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition (Namco Bandai)
- Nintendo Land (Nintendo)
- New Super Mario Bros. U (Nintendo)
- Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper (Tecmo Koei)
- Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
- Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
- Rabbids Land (Ubisoft)
- Sports Connection (Ubisoft)
- Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 (Ubisoft)
- ZombiU (Ubisoft)