UK Software Chart: Hitman: Absolution beaten by Black Ops 2 during week of November 24thWritten by: / / No Comments
Call of Duty: Black Ops II holds onto first place in Chart Track’s UK Software Sales listing for the week ending 24 November. As a result Hitman: Absolution has to settle for a debut at number 2, but Square Enix should still be happy because it outsold 2006’s Hitman: Blood Money, which was the next best Hitman launch, by almost three times.
Black Ops II sales drop by 81% in its second week, but still best Activision Blizzard’s previous Call of Duty title, Modern Warfare 3, which dropped 87% in its second week. According to Chart Track, second week sales of Black Ops II are up by 15% when compared to those posted by Modern Warfare 3.
FIFA 13 (+2%) and Assassin’s Creed III (-0%) remain in third and fourth place, while Halo 4 drops three spots to finish fifth this week (-26%). LEGO Lord of the Rings debuts at number 6, while Just Dance 4 keeps up the pace at seventh with sales up 39% and Skylanders Giants drops to number 8 despite a 12% sales boost this week.
Need for Speed: Most Wanted drops from last week’s number 6 to finish ninth, sales down 8%, while Dishonored re-enters the Top 10 after two weeks, taking tenth place with sales up 79% thanks to a retail-wide price promotion.
It’s interesting to see Udraw Studio make a return to the chart, with a major retailer sales event helping it finish at number 13. Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two debuts at number 34, while Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse is new at number 35 and PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale enters the chart at number 38.
The Top Twenty All Format UK Software Sales Chart follows below:
- 1.) Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
- 2.) Hitman: Absolution (Square Enix) [New]
- 3.) FIFA 13 (EA Sports)
- 4.) Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
- 5.) Halo 4 (Microsoft)
- 6.) LEGO Lord of the Rings (Warner Bros.) [New]
- 7.) Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
- 8.) Skylanders Giants (Activision)
- 9.) Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA Games)
- 10.) Dishonored (Bethesda Softworks)
- 11.) WWE 13 (THQ)
- 12.) Moshi Monsters: Moshlings Theme Pack (Mind Candy)
- 13.) Udraw Studio (THQ)
- 14.) Resident Evil 6 (Capcom)
- 15.) Football Manager 2013 (SEGA)
- 16.) New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo)
- 17.) The Elder Scrolls v: Skyrim (Bethesda Softworks)
- 18.) Medal of Honor: Warfighter (EA Games)
- 19.) F1 2012 (Codemasters)
- 20.) Book of Spells (Sony)
Source: Chart Track