CoD: Black Ops 2 Xbox 360 patch notes listed – did it fix your problems?Written by: / / No Comments
Activision and Treyarch sent out a new patch for the pair’s Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 on Xbox 360 yesterday, a title update that weighed in at 26MB and seemed to have fixed the matchmaking problems that players (and players in South Africa in particular) have been experiencing this the game’s launch.
Unfortunately, this didn’t really turn out to be the case as I and other players are still having issues connecting to (and staying connected to) games, while even joining up on friends’ games is a hassle.
So what did yesterday’s Black Ops 2 patch really do? Here’s the list:
- Made infrastructure and performance improvements to Live Streaming.
- Made streaming performance improvements to video playback in CODTV.
- Addressed an issue where flight range parameters for airborne vehicles could be deleted in the middle of a match due to a network interruption. This fix resolves the following symptoms reported by the community: Escort drone flying under the map; Inability to call in the Dragonfire.
- FHJ-18 weapon level is now increased by destroying Scorestreak vehicles and aircraft.
- Care Package/AGR canister exploit has been addressed.
- Patched a small map exploit in Aftermath.
- Addressed a rare situation that would cause the Emblem Editor menu to overlap other menus.
- Balance pass on spawn influencers to improve cases causing non-optimal spawning under certain conditions.
- Improved performance for emblem uploads to prevent an occasional hang. If there is an error connecting to servers during an upload, you will now be able to re-try your save.
- Emblems and Clan tags will now appear correctly on the Assault Shield when stowed on the back.
- Addressed all reported UI error code messages.
- Elite Clan Friends list no longer actively sorts players when their status is updated. The player list will refresh after closing and re-opening the tab.
- Improved a number of emblem icons in the Emblem Editor.
- Junkyard IV reward added to Calling Cards.
Have you experienced any of the issues in Black Ops 2 listed above? What other problems are you having in the game – is matchmaking working for you? How’s the lag?