“You should have acted… it’s already here – The Black Operations Guide told of its return! It’s defeat was merely a delay. But no-one wanted to believe… believe it even existed… And when the truth finally dawned, it dawned in firefights! But, there is one it fears: In Gamer Tongue, he is Master Chief, The Reclaimer!”
Hae Lo’ Four!
Unfortunately, despite putting up a good fight, Halo 4 has succumbed to the year’s biggest game industry release, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, but there’s nothing to be ashamed of.
In its debut week on sale, Black Ops 2 became the biggest videogame launch in the UK for 2012, but only the 4th biggest of all time behind its brethren, Black Ops, Modern Warfare 2 and Modern Warfare 3. 60% of Black Ops 2 sales were seen on Xbox 360, while 38% went to PlayStation 3. PC took the tiny remainder.
As a result, Halo 4 drops one place to No. 2 this week, FIFA 13 is a non-mover at No. 3, Assassin’s Creed III slips two places to No. 4, and Skylanders: Giants is up one position to No. 5.
Need For Speed: Most Wanted takes a trip to No. 6 from No. 4 last, week, Just Dance 4 is up two places to No. 7, Borderlands 2 is another non-mover at No. 8, and debut release The Sims 3: Seasons arrives at No. 9, while Football Manager 2013 tumbles five places to No. 10 to round out the coveted Top Ten listing.
Interestingly, the other debut release in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2: Declassified shows up at No. 16, while Forza 4 makes a Top Twenty placement ahead of its younger sibling Forza Horizon which appears at No. 21 this week.
Also releasing this past week, Wonderbook: Book of Spells debuts at No. 25, F1 Race Stars shows up at No. 26 and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed appears at No. 27.
The Top Twenty All Format UK Software Sales Chart follows below:
- 1.) Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Activision) [New]
- 2.) Halo 4 (Microsoft)
- 3.) FIFA 13 (EA)
- 4.) Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
- 5.) Skylanders Giants (Activision)
- 6.) Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
- 7.) Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
- 8.) Borderlands 2 (2K Games)
- 9.) The Sims 3: Seasons (EA) [New]
- 10.) Football Manager 2013 (SEGA)
- 11.) WWE ‘13 (THQ)
- 12.) The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda Softworks)
- 13.) Moshi Monsters: Moshlings Theme Park (Mind Candy)
- 14.) Dishonored (Bethesda Softworks)
- 15.) Forza Motorsport 4 (Microsoft)
- 16.) Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified (Activision) [New]
- 17.) Kinect Disneyland Adventures (Microsoft)
- 18.) New Super Mario Bros 2 (Nintendo)
- 19.) Medal of Honor: Warfighter (EA)
- 20.) Resident Evil 6 (Capcom)
You can read over last week’s UK Software Sales Chart here.
Source: Chart Track