This week’s 3DS eShop Update features a packed line-up that includes a demo for the visual novel puzzler Virtue’s Last Reward along with a slew of new games including Fallblox, the original Ninja Gaiden, Johnny Hotshot and the action-orientated DSiWare title Magical Whip. There’s really something for everyone in the latest content drop!
Here’s this week’s Update in full:
3DS Download Software
Fallblox – £7.19 / €7.99
- Welcome to the world of Fallblox! Get ready to push your brain to the limit with 140 new levels, 90 training exercises and a unique addition to the puzzling gameplay: gravity! It’s a wonderful sunny day over in Fallblox Park and everyone’s getting ready to have some fun. Unfortunately, Mallo has accidentally scared all the brightly coloured Carrier Birds of Fallblox Park away! There’s only one thing for it ‒ he’ll have to bring them all back! And so begins Mallo’s latest adventure, packed with all the pulling, jumping, climbing and falling you could ever want from a puzzle game:
Johnny Hotshot – £5.39 / €5.99
- YEEE-HAAA! Johnny Hotshot is an arcade action game unlike any other! After being warped into the world of one of his favourite arcade games, Cowboy Hotshot, Johnny must take on the role of sheriff and purge the town of the bandits led by Mr. Wang! Test your reaction skills in the Shooting Gallery, unleash justice upon bandits in the Saloon Shootout and master the art of lassoing bandits in Catch ‘Em All! Justice shall prevail!
Ninja Gaiden – £4.49 / €4.99
- Experience the original adventure of Ryu Hayabusa, the shadow warrior, in this acclaimed and challenging action-platformer from the NES era! Ninja Gaiden sees Ryu travel to America to seek vengeance for his father’s murder and uncover a plot that threatens the world, as told through unique anime-style cutscenes. Run, crouch, jump and climb as you battle through 20 challenging side-scrolling areas over six acts while defeating gangs of thugs, evil ninjas and barbarian bosses with your deadly Dragon Sword and Ninpo, the art of ninja magic!
Virtue’s Last Reward
- Nine people wake up in a booby-trapped warehouse and are forced to play a twisted game of life or death. But who will ally with others and who will betray them? Make the decision for yourself as Virtue’s Last Reward brings its unique mix of horror storytelling and puzzle-solving to Nintendo 3DS. Knocked unconscious and kidnapped, Sigma wakes to find himself in a lift with a mysterious girl named Phi. Before either of them can work out what’s going on, they’re thrown headfirst into the first of what will be many perilious situations: escape the lift in nine minutes or die. So begins the Nonary Game ‒ a deadly adventure where danger lies around every corner, secrets abound and no-one is who they appear to be. Taking control of Sigma, you experience the events of Virtue’s Last Reward through two distinct styles of gameplay: Novel and Escape. During Novel sections, you need to take in the story and read everything that happens ‒ conversations, arguments, Sigma’s thoughts and more ‒ then make decisions based on how you think things should proceed. Those decisions dramatically change how the story progresses and could have dire consequences later on, so it’s important to think before you act! Escape sections are more action-based, requiring you to solve death-laden puzzles by exploring the environment, finding clues and using items. Only by surviving each trap can you hope to reach the end of the game. But with the option to ally with or betray the rest of the group constantly hanging over you, making the right choice isn’t always as easy as it may appear… With multiple endings to discover, a tense story packed with danger and plenty of mysteries to solve, Virtue’s Last Reward will keep you coming back for more again and again: providing you can stay alive, that is!
Magical Whip – £1.80 / €2.00
- The two apprentice wizards have become lost amid a tangled sea of trees: the Phantasmal Forest, a dark, dangerous place ruled by monsters that bewitches people with its strange power. The wizards can only use a single spell ‒ one that turns their wands into a magical whip! Defeat enemies and collect valuable items as you battle your way through the forest in this exciting action game. You can select either the male or female wizard, then use their magical whips to capture enemies and defeat them. Your magical whip doesn’t do much damage on its own, but with combos, it becomes a powerful weapon capable of defeating a mighty dragon with a single strike. Combos are performed by capturing a falling enemy with your magical whip and using it to attack other monsters. Can the wizards escape the evil forest before they become lost forever within its darkness?
Source: Nintendo UK