Assassin’s Creed III has taken the lead on Chart Track’s UK Software Sales listing, debuting at number 1 and becoming Ubisoft’s biggest ever launch title. Even though the title was only released on Wednesday last week it sold almost double that of Assassin’s Creed II, and outperformed Assassin’s Creed: Revelations by more than 117 000 units.
Assassin’s Creed III launched on the Xbox 360 and PS3, while the PC version will follow at a later stage. The game became the second biggest launch of the year so far, with FIFA 13 still holding top honours in that department. The Xbox 360 version accounted for 59% of the sales of the title with PS3 accounting for 41%.
Assassin’s Creed: Liberation for the PS Vita was released alongside the console version. It debuts at number 14, making it the third biggest debut for a Vita title behind Uncharted: Golden Abyss and FIFA Football.
FIFA 13 sticks it out in second place, only dropping 2% in sales, while Medal of Honor: Warfighter drops from last week’s number 1 to sixth place (-46%).
There are three other new entries in the Top 10 this week, WWE 13 at number 3, Football Manager 2013 at number 4 and Need for Speed: Most Wanted at number 5. Need for Speed is the only title out of these that improves on last year’s title, selling 17 000 more copies than Need for Speed: The Run did at launch last year.
Forza Horizon drops 50% in sales this week, moving down from last week’s number 3 to seventh this week. Skylanders Giants also moves down, dropping to number 8 as sales decrease by 16%.
Just Dance 4 remains in ninth position meaning that EA has three titles in the Top 10 this week, followed by Ubisoft with two. Dishonored drops to tenth (-36%), managing to stay in the Top 10 despite the four big new releases this week.
The Top Twenty All Format UK Software Sales Chart follows below:
- 1.) Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft) [New]
- 2.) FIFA 13 (EA Sports)
- 3.) WWE ‘13 (THQ) [New]
- 4.) Football Manager 2013 (SEGA) [New]
- 5.) Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA) [New]
- 6.) Medal of Honor: Warfighter (EA)
- 7.) Forza Horizon (Microsoft)
- 8.) Skylanders Giants (Activision)
- 9.) Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
- 10.) Dishonored (Bethesda Softworks)
- 11.) Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (Nintendo)
- 12.) Moshi Monsters: Moshlings Theme Park (Mind Candy)
- 13.) Resident Evil 6 (Capcom)
- 14.) Assassin’s Creed: Liberation (Ubisoft) [New]
- 15.) Pokemon Black Version 2 (Nintendo)
- 16.) The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda Softworks)
- 17.) F1 2012 (Codemasters)
- 18.) DOOM 3: BFG Edition (Bethesda Softworks)
- 19.) Borderlands 2 (2K Games)
- 20.) LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros. Interactive)
Source: Chart Track