This week’s Media Create software chart sees a couple of games from the West make an appearance. The PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Borderlands 2 charted at fifth and tenth respectively while Forza Horizon made a decent debut in twelfth position with 15 468 copies sold during its opening week.
Dark Souls: Artorias of the Abyss Edition’s release was met with an enthusiastic reception – selling 67 002 copies during its first few days on sale – while Zone of the Enders HD Edition took third spot with 44 751 copies sold on debut. The game comes with a demo for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance so that would have also contributed to its opening tally.
Meanwhile The Idolmaster: Shiny Festa for PSP obliterated the competition with 119 132 copies sold during its opening week. The PSP celebrates its eighth anniversary in Japan next month so Sony must feel that the PS Vita can still make an impact on the Japanese gaming scene if the PSP can have a top-selling game almost eight years after the handheld was introduced.
Here are the ten best-selling titles during the past week:
- [NEW] The Idolmaster: Shiny Festa (Namco Bandai Games) – PSP – 119 132
- [NEW] Dark Souls: Artorias of the Abyss Edition (From Software) – PS3 – 67 002
- [NEW] Zone of the Enders HD Edition (Konami) – PS3 – 44 751
- [NEW] AKB48+Me (Kadokawa Games) – 3DS – 40 542
- [NEW] Borderlands 2 (Take-Two Interactive Japan) – PS3 – 36 068
- Bravely Default: Flying Fairy (Square Enix) – 3DS – 31 001
- Resident Evil 6 (Capcom) – PS3 – 24 263
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo) – 3DS – 24 010
- World Soccer Winning Eleven 2013 (Konami) – PS3 – 18 810
- [NEW] Borderlands 2 (Take-Two Interactive Japan) – Xbox 360 – 18 699
Head over here for this week’s hardware chart.
Source: Media Create