Latest Uncharted 3 patch out now, “big” multiplayer news on the wayWritten by: / / No Comments
Naughty Dog recently announced that the latest patch for Uncharted 3 has been let loose upon the world, with additional fixes and a number of tweaks to the Tournament system available with the new title update.
Included with the patch notes was a tease for some “big news” related to Uncharted 3 multiplayer in the future.
Here’s what to expect with the latest Uncharted 3 title update:
Uncharted 3 Patch 1.15 Notes
- Players will be appropriately matched according to Legacy level in matchmaking.
- Team balancing will now take into account players’ Legacy level.
- New gun skins for Tournament tier rewards will roll out over the next several months. The new guns skins this month are the Fireball M9, Dragon Sniper and FAL-SS.
- New Shade custom pieces for silver and bronze tier. The new pieces are the Shade Gas Mask, Shade Belling Mask, Shade Headphones, Shade Dark Vest and Shade Biker Jacket.
- Treasure drops can sometimes be tournament tickets
- Progress towards permanent tournament prizes now appears inside of tier screen menu
- There is a new leader board for single tournament scores
- Players can see all Players’ Tournament Tier in the scoreboard during a match. This will happen only if the player is ranked in the Tournament
- Spending a tournament ticket increases your treasure drop chances for that match. This also makes rare treasures more likely to drop.
- Players will now receive a small amount of points based on their kills and deaths for losing during a tournament game.
- Tournament formula change:
- Points = [1000 + (100kills) + (25assists) ‒ (80deaths)] * [1.2-(party size0.2)]
- Minimum = 200, Max = 6000
- Points = Points = [100 + (10kills) + (2.5assists) ‒ (8deaths)] * [1.2-(party size0.2)]
- Minimum = 100, Max = 500
- Classic Mode to replace Hardcore Mode
- Classic Mode details:
- Boosters on
- Kickbacks off
- Throwback grenades off
- Buddy spawning off
- No load out weapons so every player starts with an AK and Para 9
- Lots of placed weapons on the map
- Treasure drops over time so after extended play you will be guaranteed a treasure drop on your next kill
- A treasure will appear in every drop and “Just Cash” is now “Plus Cash” and will never drop by itself anymore
- Revenge grenades will no longer kill teammates
- Toggle in the customization menu to turn on or off the bonuses on your head gear
- 11 new taunts for sale
- Extras section in the main menu for watching trailers and purchasing other UNCHARTED games
- Block mesh lab maps can now be viewed in Cinema
- Increase Elimination only treasure drop rate. The affected treasures sets are: Sage Deity, Affluent Relics, Deadly Ensemble.
Do you have any questions about Uncharted 3’s Tournament System? Then hit up Naughty Dog’s extensive FAQ page for answers!
The 1.15 patch announcement concluded with a bit of a mysterious tease, alluding the something exciting in the future:
“We have more Uncharted 3 Multiplayer surprises to free up and let loose so get ready for some big news in the coming months.”
What could it be?
Are you still playing Uncharted 3 multiplayer? Are any of these fixes what you’ve been craving?