UK Software Chart: FIFA 13 sells 1 million copies during week ending September 29thWritten by: / / No Comments
Borderland 2’s reign at the top of the UK software charts came to an abrupt end as FIFA 13 stormed into pole position. The latest instalment in EA’s annual football franchise sold a whopping 1 million copies during its first few days at UK retailers, becoming only the fourth game in history to accomplish this feat.
FIFA 13 accounted for 71% of all games sold during the latest sales period and its incredible success led to total videogame sales jumping by 196% week-over-week.
Other new entries on the chart this week include the Mists of Pandaria expansion for World of Warcraft (4th), Ubisoft’s guitar training game Rocksmith (7th), Dead or Alive 5 (11th), Angry Birds Trilogy (16th), and Gran Turismo 5: Academy Edition (17th).
It will be interesting to see how long FIFA 13 can remain at the top of the chart considering how many major releases are heading our way over the next few weeks. While it may drop a few spots when these games arrive, you can expect to see the familiar sight of FIFA 13 on the chart for the foreseeable future.
The Top Twenty All Format UK Software Sales Chart follows below:
- 1.) [NEW] FIFA 13 (EA)
- 2.) Borderlands 2 (2K Games)
- 3.) F1 2012 (Codemasters)
- 4.) [NEW] World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria (Blizzard)
- 5.) Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 (Konami)
- 6.) Sleeping Dogs (Square Enix)
- 7.) [NEW] Rocksmith (Ubisoft)
- 8.) The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda Softworks)
- 9.) LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros)
- 10.) New Super Mario Bros 2 (Nintendo)
- 11.) [NEW] Dead or Alive 5 (Tecmo)
- 12.) Forza Motorsport 4 (Microsoft)
- 13.) LittleBigPlanet PS Vita (SCEE)
- 14.) Dead Island GOTY Edition (Koch)
- 15.) Max Payne 3 (Rockstar)
- 16.) [NEW] Angry Birds Trilogy (Activision)
- 17.) [NEW] Gran Turismo 5: Academy Edition (SCEE)
- 18.) London 2012: The Official Video Game (Sega)
- 19.) Guild Wars 2 (NCsoft)
- 20.) Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Namco Bandai)
Source: Chart Track