The Mass Effect trilogy started life as an Xbox 360-exclusive with the original game in the series appearing on Microsoft’s console back in 2007, before being ported to PC. PlayStation 3 owners were left out of the loop.
The second and third entries to the franchise did make their way to Sony’s console, however, with an interactive story included in Mass Effect 2 to bridge the gap.
Today, EA and BioWare have announced the Mass Effect Trilogy compilation, which includes all three of the series’ games, giving PlayStation 3 gamers a chance to finally play the original title that started it all.
Due for release on November 6th on Xbox 360 and PC, and for PS3 “later in the year,” the Mass Effect Trilogy is described thus:
” As Commander Shepard, rise to become the galaxy’s most elite soldier and lead an all-out war to stop an ancient and ruthless enemy: the Reapers. With over 75 hours of content and more than 300 awards, one of gaming’s most acclaimed franchises is available for the first time in a premium foiled box set.”
On November 7th, EA will kick off worldwide Mass Effect-themed celebration events with online, in-game and real-world events planned – find out what else you’ll get in the Mass Effect Trilogy box set below:
- Over 75 hours of story content, plus Mass Effect 3’s critically acclaimed multiplayer mode.
- Create and customize your own character with his or her appearance and skills, then play your Commander Shepard through all three Mass Effect games.
- Experience an amazingly rich and detailed universe where your decisions have profound consequences on the action and the outcome.
- Build a personalized arsenal with powerful weapons complete with their own upgrades and modifications
- Unleash devastating abilities and skills as you command and train an elite squad.
- Take the war online with class-based, co-operative multiplayer in Mass Effect 3.
Mass Effect Trilogy
When does the Mass Effect Trilogy release?
- Mass Effect Trilogy releases on November 6th 2012 for Xbox 360 and PC, and later in the year for PlayStation 3.
What does the Mass Effect Trilogy include?
- Mass Effect Trilogy includes all three Mass Effect titles, featured in a new premium foil box featuring artwork of Commander Shepard.
Is the Mass Effect Trilogy compatible with other versions of Mass Effect, for example multiplayer?
- Yes, the Mass Effect Trilogy will be compatible with other versions of Mass Effect. You will be able to play Mass Effect 3 multiplayer with other players.