This week’s 3DS eShop Update features Nintendo’s first foray into making 3DS retail titles available in digital format. New Super Mario Bros. 2 will be up on the eShop from tomorrow for £39.99 – about £10 more than what it’s selling for at certain retailers such as Amazon UK.
Other new releases include adventure title The Lost Town – The Jungle, puzzle shooter Escape the Virus: Shoot’Em Up!, as well as the Game Boy classic Mystical Ninja starring Goemon.
Here’s the full list of new content on the 3DS eShop this week:
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 – £39.99 (Available August 17th)
Mystical Ninja starring Goemon – £2.70 / €3.00
- Join Goemon and his friends Ebisumaru and Sasuke as they battle to save ancient Japan from the clutches of the evil Black Ship Gang, and rescue their fellow ninja Yae from the gang’s clutches! MYSTICAL NINJA starring GOEMON is an action role-playing game featuring three different characters to control, each with unique skills. Visit towns and question the inhabitants for clues, buy items to aid your quest, and solve brain-teasing puzzles to seek out Yae and defeat the pirates.
Escape the Virus: Shoot’Em Up! – £1.80 / €2.00
- The battle for micro-world domination isn’t over yet! Escape the Virus, an action puzzle series, is back with new modes. In the ‘shooter mode’ shoot down hordes of vicious viruses, while in the ‘territory mode’ prevent enemies from getting too close to certain zones. Get ready for ultimate warfare and kick viruses out of the micro-world for good!
The Lost Town – The Jungle – £4.50 / €5.00
- The red-headed killer is back! In 1997, a meteorite landed within the Amazon jungle, covering the land in darkness. The effects of the meteorite caused villagers, and animals to go insane. The villagers that resisted the effects of the meteorite have become prey for those under the influence of its darkness. A girl appears in the jungle named Chilia. Behind her beautiful exterior hides elite combat skills that will be used to help rid the Amazon of the mysterious meteorite. You’re aware of your skills, but you also need to find food, ammunition, and other resources for survival. Sane villagers will provide rewarding quests in the daytime, but when the sun goes down, you will need to set traps around camp and recruit assistants to keep things safe. In this mission, you must locate the meteorite; the area will be swarming with opposition. Its effects on people and animals will vanish if you are successful – there will be no rescue team, so success is the only option.
- The Incredible Barbazan: Up Your Sleeve
Source: Nintendo UK