This week four new titles land on the 3DS eShop including cartoony action game Johnny Kung Fu and the classic platform puzzler Toki Tori. Originally released on the Game Boy Color back in 2001, Toki Tori is all about using the tools in each level to reach your younger siblings who are still encased in their eggshells.
The two new DSiWare titles this week are both of the educational variety. Ace Mathician is aimed at a younger audience whereas 3, 2, 1… WordsUp! is clearly for the Scrabble enthusiasts among us as it provides you with a platform to practise vocabulary in up to six different languages!
Here’s this week’s Update in full:
3DS Download Software
Johnny Kung Fu – £5.40 / €6.00
- Johnny Kung Fu is an old school action game that mixes the old with the new! Johnny Kung Fu puts you into the Kung Fu garb of a seemingly everyday man called Johnny. The local organised crime group, the Mr. Wang Gang (led by a mysterious man known as Mr. Wang) seems to have a bone to pick with Johnny and has captured his girlfriend, Paula. Knowing that an ambush awaits him, Johnny chases the kidnappers into one of Mr. Wang’s hideout towers regardless. Will Johnny be able to save Paula? Or will the Mr. Wang Gang prevail?
Toki Tori – £3.60 / €4.00
- He may be a small, yellow chicken, but Toki Tori is no coward! He’s the hero of this egg-cellent puzzle platformer, and must rescue all his kidnapped brothers and sisters, who are still in their fragile eggs. In this Game Boy Color classic, you must keep Toki Tori safe by avoiding monsters and traps, while working out how to collect all the eggs in each level before the timer runs out. Luckily, there are lots of items to aid Toki Tori in his mission! So what are you waiting for? Time to get cracking!
3, 2, 1… WordsUp! – £1.80 / €2.00
- Show your command of a range of languages in 3, 2, 1… WordsUp! Build the maximum number of words with the same combination of letters, and do it before your time runs out or you will lose! Challenge yourself in this unique game of wit and skill. Practise your mental agility and knowledge of languages in 3, 2, 1… WordsUp!
Ace Mathician – £1.80 / €2.00
- Ever wondered why you needed to learn maths at school? The answer is simple: to change the world! And that’s exactly what you get to do in this game! You play as a cute Koala named Ace who loves fruit! Unfortunately, a few delicious pieces of fruit are just out of reach and you need to change the positions of platforms to get to the fruit! You can change the positions of each platform by entering a mathematical formula. There’s no right or wrong answer, and every formula the player comes up with will have an effect on the world! Who knew maths could be as fun as drawing? There are many possible ways to finish a level… be creative! Later levels will feature enemies and traps, keeping the game challenging – and while you’re at it, you can collect stars for a better score!
- The Incredible Barbazan: The Knife Thrower
Source: Nintendo UK