It may have taken five weeks to get there, but London 2012: The Official Video Game of the Olympic Games has finally broken through to the top spot on Chart Track’s UK Software Sales listing, proving that hard work and dedication will earn you the gold.
This feat is of course as a result of the recent start to the real-world Olympic Games in London this past weekend, helping SEGA’s game to enjoy a 25% sales increase over the previous week.
This does mean, however, that the triumphant reign of LEGO Batman 2 (sales down 8%) is over after a very impressive five weeks at the top of the chart. After 38 weeks on the listing, Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games also cashes in on the Olympic Games with a 21% sales increase, allowing it to move from No. 8 to No. 3 this week.
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is down one place to No. 4 this week, Batman: Arkham City is up two places to No. 5, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 slips one place to No. 6, and The Amazing Spider-Man is down three places to No. 7.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, meanwhile, jumps up two places to No. 8, FIFA 12 leaps three places to No. 9, and Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance (ahem) dropped four places to No. 10.
The Top Twenty All Format UK Software Sales Chart follows below:
- 1.) London 2012: The Official Video Game (SEGA)
- 2.) LEGO Batman 2 DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- 3.) Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (SEGA)
- 4.) Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Ubisoft)
- 5.) Batman: Arkham City (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- 6.) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
- 7.) The Amazing Spider-Man (Activision)
- 8.) The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda Softworks)
- 9.) FIFA 12 (EA)
- 10.) Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance (Square Enix)
- 11.) Assassin’s Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft)
- 12.) Max Payne 3 (Rockstar)
- 13.) Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo)
- 14.) Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure (Activision)
- 15.) Dead Island: GoTY Edition (Koch Media)
- 16.) Battlefield 3 (EA)
- 17.) Pokemon Conquest (Nintendo)
- 18.) Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision Blizzard)
- 19.) WWE 12 (THQ)
- 20.) Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo)
Source: Chart Track
Tags: batmanarkhamcity, charttrack, ghostreconfuturesoldier, legobatman2dcsuperheroes, london2012theofficialvideogame, marioandsonicatthelondon2012olympicgames, software, theamazingspiderman, ukcharts