Media Create Japanese Software Sales for week ending May 27th: Dragon’s Dogma dominates the chartWritten by: / / No Comments
This week’s top ten Media Create software chart contains an astounding seven new entries! There’s not a single game on the list developed outside of Japan, with Capcom and Nintendo enjoying the heaviest publisher presence on the chart.
Both console versions of Dragon’s Dogma charted in the top four, with the PS3 variant outselling the Xbox 360 one by roughly 10:1. This new IP has clearly been a success for Capcom so don’t be surprised if a sequel is announced at some point.
Mario Tennis Open managed to sell an impressive 101 645 copies during its opening week, and if the current crop of Mario titles in the chart are anything to go by, it shouldn’t drop out of the top ten for quite some time. The 3DS already has an install base of over six million in Japan, so you can expect most major new releases for the handheld to perform very well.
Here’s the list of the top ten best-selling titles during the past week:
- [NEW] Dragon’s Dogma (Capcom) – PS3 – 302 040
- [NEW] Mario Tennis Open (Nintendo) – 3DS – 101 645
- [NEW] Ah! My Prince’s Song: Debut (Broccoli) – PSP – 61 376
- [NEW] Dragon’s Dogma (Capcom) – Xbox 360 – 29 024
- Mario Party 9 (Nintendo) – Wii – 20 820
- [NEW] The Idolm@ster: Gravure For You! Vol. 8 (Namco Bandai) – PS3 – 16 670
- Fire Emblem: Awakening (Nintendo) – 3DS – 14 642
- [NEW] Jyuzaengi: Engetsu Sangokuden (Idea Factory) – PSP – 11 627
- [NEW] Monster Hunter Frontier (Online Forward 4 Premium Package) (Capcom) – Xbox 360 – 9 893
- Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo) – 3DS – 9 858
Head over here for this week’s hardware chart.
Source: Media Create