Rockstar’s Max Payne 3 has debuted at the top of Chart Track’s UK Software Sales, taking the top spot in its debut week to become Rockstar/Take 2’s first chart-topper since the release of LA Noire almost a year ago.
According to Chart Track, Max Payne 3 is the first of the series to debut at No. 1 on the UK chart, outperforming the launch week sales of Max Payne 2 by 10 to 1. Max Payne 3 is also the biggest UK launch since Mass Effect 3 earlier this year.
58% of Max Payne 3’s sales were recorded on Xbox 360, while 42% of the share went to PlayStation 3. While Rockstar’s game sits pretty at the top, Chart Track says that only 8 000 units in sales separate it and the No. 2 game on the listing, Diablo III.
Diablo III enters the charts at number 2 and becomes the 12th fastest-selling PC game in the UK ever, pushing FIFA Street (sales down 17%) down one spot to third. Last week’s number one Sniper Elite V2 (sales down 68%) drops three places to fourth, while FIFA 12 (sales down 8%) moves down to number 5.
Prototype 2 (sales down 15%) is down two to sixth, while Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (sales up 21%) holds down seventh. Battlefield 3 (sales down 2%) is in at number 8 while Assassin’s Creed: Revelations (sales down 6%) moves up one to ninth. Mario & Sonic London 2012 Olympic Games (sales down 9%) rounds off the Top 10 in tenth position.
The Top Twenty All Format UK Software Sales Chart follows below:
- 1.) Max Payne 3 (Rockstar)
- 2.) Diablo III (Blizzard)
- 3.) FIFA Street (EA)
- 4.) Sniper Elite V2 (505 Games)
- 5.) FIFA 12 (EA Sports)
- 6.) Prototype 2 (Activision)
- 7.) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
- 8.) Battlefield 3 (EA)
- 9.) Assassin’s Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft)
- 10.) Mario & Sonic London 2012 Olympic Games (Sega)
- 11.) Mass Effect 3 (EA)
- 12.) Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure (Activision)
- 13.) Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 (EA Sports)
- 14.) Kinect Star Wars (LucasArts)
- 15.) The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda Softworks)
- 16.) Batman: Arkham City (Warner Bros.)
- 17.) Catherine (Deep Silver)
- 18.) Saints Row: The Third (THQ)
- 19.) Football Manager 2012 (Sega)
- 20.) Rayman: Origins (Ubisoft)
Source: Chart Track