Media Create Japanese Software Sales for week ending April 22nd: Fire Emblem: Awakening roasts the competitionWritten by: / / No Comments
This week’s Media Create software chart sees four new releases in the top ten, all of which appear on a Nintendo handheld! Fire Emblem: Awakening is the triumphant chart topper this week, selling 242 600 copies within just four days of its release. This strategy RPG from Paper Mario developer Intelligent Systems boasts a beautiful anime art style and complex combat mechanics that clearly resonate with Japanese gamers.
The next best-selling title was Code of Princess on 3DS. This action RPG stars a buxom blonde protagonist and features side-scrolling levels that support four-player co-op.
The 3DS’ ‘evergreen’ titles – Super Mario 3D Land, Monster Hunter 3G and Mario Kart 7 – refuse to budge from the top ten. They have now sold 1.5 million, 1.4 million and 1.6 million respectively.
Cast your gaze below for the latest list of Japan’s best-selling titles:
- [NEW] Fire Emblem: Awakening (Nintendo) – 3DS – 242 600
- [NEW] Code of Princess (Agatsuma Entertainment) – 3DS – 19 554
- Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo) – 3DS – 14 491
- 2nd Super Robot Wars Z: Saisei-hen (Namco Bandai Games) – PSP – 13 560
- Monster Hunter 3G (Capcom) – 3DS – 13 069
- Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance (Square Enix) – 3DS – 12 881
- Kid Icarus: Uprising (Nintendo) – 3DS – 10 915
- Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo) – 3DS – 10 892
- [NEW] Cho-ricchi! Tamagotchi no Puchi Puchi Omisecchi (Namco Bandai Games) – 3DS – 8 453
- [NEW] Detective Conan: Prelude from the Past (Namco Bandai Games) – DS – 8 312
Head over here for this week’s hardware chart.
Source: Media Create