Ghost Recon: Future Soldier dated for PC, system specs and beta date revealedWritten by: / / No Comments
Lots of crazy-exciting news for those of us looking forward to Ghost Recon: Future Soldier has emerged recently and we’ve collected it all up here for you to digest.
Open wide, here comes the plane!
First up: The long-awaited online beta test for Ghost Recon: Future Soldier will kick off on April 19th on both PS3 and Xbox 360, and last until May 2nd. How do you get into the beta?
It seems as though US PlayStation Plus members will be able to get in automatically, while owners of Splinter Cell: Conviction on Xbox 360 will be able to jump in via an updated menu item very soon. If you pre-order Future Soldier, access to the beta is also assured.
More ways to get in are sure to be announced soon, but Ubisoft is also giving you more chances to experience the game before anyone else at its Facebook page with Future Soldier beta key giveaways.
What will you get to see in the beta for Ghost Recon: Future Soldier? Let’s see:
- Select from 3 classes (Rifleman, Engineer and Scout) and unlock new gear to battle online on two selected maps.
- Gain experience and levels, make decisive choices to customize and develop your character.
- Gather Intel on your enemies’ positions and share it with your teammates.
- Use the new suppression system to pin your enemies down while your teammates flank them.
Here are a bunch of recently released screenshots from the game’s four-player co-operative mode, Guerilla, to tide you over:
PC players, now it’s your turn to get excited!
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier will release on your platform of choice on June 15th following the game’s release on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in late May – don’t worry though, the development team has crammed in a bunch of extra features including:
- PC high standard visuals (DX11 renderer, new Hi-Quality Assets, new Post Process Effects, multi-monitor solutions support, TriDef stereoscopic support).
- DirectX11 enhanced: Tessellation (for soft 3D models), Compute Shaders-based realistic lighting (for Global Illumination), Volumetric Fog.
- Online Widget: Party, Friends and Ghost Feed functionality can be accessed at any moment from any screen.
- Extended party functionality: simplified and more flexible invitation system.
- Party text Chat.
- Uplay Friends system
- Fully customizable controls for the localized keyboards
(A temporary broadband connection will be required for one-time product registration at first launch using the player Uplay account. From that point on, no permanent connection is required, except for online modes.)
Here’s a debut PC screenshot for Future Soldier, courtesy of Ubisoft:
And what about those system specifications for the PC version? Here you go:
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Minimum System Specs
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP (with Service Pack 3)/Windows Vista (with Service Pack 2)/ Windows 7 (with Service pack 1), both 32 bit & 64 bit versions
- PROCESSOR: Intel Pentium D 3.0 Ghz or AMD Athlon64 X2 4400+ 2.2Ghz
- RAM: 1GB Windows XP / 2GB Windows Vista or Windows 7
- VIDEO CARD: 256 MB DirectX–compliant, Shader 4.0–enabled video card
- DIRECT X: DirectX 9.0c
- DVD-ROM DRIVE: DVD-ROM speed 4x, dual-layer drive
- SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c – compliant sound card
- HDD space : 25 GB
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Recommended System Specs
- CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q9450/ AMD Phenom II X4 940 or higher
- RAM: 2 GB Windows XP / 3 GB Windows Vista & 7
- Graphics Card: 1024 MB DirectX–compliant, Shader 4.0–enabled video card based on nVidia GeForce GTX 460 or AMD/ATi HD 5850 or better
Do you need even more Ghost Recon: Future Soldier excitement ahead of its release on May 25th on Xbox 360 and PS3, and June 15th on PC? Then check out El33tonline’s extensive coverage of this awesome third-person future warfare game with tons of screens, trailers and details!