As expected, Mass Effect 3 has trumped all to become the top-selling game in the UK this past week, taking on heavyweights like SSX, FIFA 12, Mario Party 9 and newcomer Street Fighter X Tekken.
Chart Track says that Mass Effect 3 amassed “more sales than the previous four” number one titles on the chart, namely SSX, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, UFC Undisputed 3 and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, “making it by far the biggest No1 so far this year.”
In addition, now that the Mass Effect series has finally seen a launch on three platform simultaneously, its first week sales performance has outstripped those of the previous two iterations of the franchise combined.
As a result, SSX (sales down 49%) has to move down a place from No. 1 to No. 2, debut title Street Fighter X Tekken appears at No. 3 (an excellent position), FIFA 12 (sales down 7%) drops two places to No. 4, while Mario Party 9 (sales up 8%) slips from No. 3 to No. 5.
The Sims 3: Showtime debuts at No. 6, Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (sales down 14%) trips down two places to No. 7, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (sales down 23%) is only down one place to No. 8, Assassin’s Creed: Revelations (sales down 15%) is a non-mover at No. 9 ad Zumba Fitness rushes up to No. 10 from No. 14 to round out the coveted Top Ten.
Unit 13 for PS Vita is the only other new title in the Top 40 and makes an appearance at No. 15.
The Top Twenty All Format UK Software Sales Chart follows below:
- 1.) Mass Effect 3 (EA)
- 2.) SSX (EA)
- 3.) Street Fighter X Tekken (Capcom)
- 4.) FIFA 12 (EA)
- 5.) Mario Party 9 (Nintendo)
- 6.) The Sims 3: Showtime (EA)
- 7.) Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (SEGA)
- 8.) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
- 9.) Assassin’s Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft)
- 10.) Zumba Fitness (505 Games)
- 11.) Rayman Origins (Ubisoft)
- 12.) Battlefield 3 (EA)
- 13.) The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda Softworks)
- 14.) Just Dance 3 (Ubisoft)
- 15.) Unit 13 (SCE)
- 16.) Uncharted: Golden Abyss (SCE)
- 17.) UFC Undisputed 3 (THQ)
- 18.) Batman: Arkham City (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- 19.) Saints Row: The Third (THQ)
- 20.) RAGE (id Software)
You can read over last week’s UK Software Sales Chart over here.
Source: Chart Track