In what must have been a close fight, Battlefield 3 has retained its position at No. 1 on Chart Track’s UK Software Sales listing, denying Uncharted 3 a chance to debut at the top of the chart.
Despite a 54% drop in sales compared to its launch period the week before, Battlefield 3 was able to fend off Uncharted 3’s advances, which means that Naughty Dog’s title has to be content with No. 2 on the list. Chart Track says that Uncharted 3 achieved a sales increase of 37% over Uncharted 2 during a similar timeframe, while the latest addition to the series was able to record the 11th highest launch week sales for a PS3 title.
Two more debut titles also appeared this week, as Sonic Generations and GoldenEye 007: Reloaded inserted themselves at No. 10 and No. 16 respectively.
FIFA 12 (sales down 10%) hangs tough at No. 3, Batman: Arkham City (sales down 60%) glides to No. 4 from No. 2 last week, Just Dance 3 (sales down 10%) is another non-mover at No 5, and Football Manager 2012 (sales down 43%) slips two places to No. 6
Forza 4 (sales down 25%) is down by only one place to No. 7, Zumba Fitness (sales up 35%) doesn’t budge and remains at No. 8, Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure (sales up 17%) is yet another non-mover at No. 9, and the aforementioned Sonic Generations appears at No. 10 to round out the listing.
The Top Twenty All Format UK Software Sales Chart follows below:
- 1.) Battlefield 3 (EA)
- 2.) Uncharted 3 (Naughty Dog)
- 3.) FIFA 12 (EA)
- 4.) Batman: Arkham City (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- 5.) Just Dance 3 (Ubisoft)
- 6.) Football Manager 2012 (SEGA)
- 7.) Forza MotorSport 4 (Microsoft)
- 8.) Zumba Fitness (505 Games)
- 9.) Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure (Activision)
- 10.) Sonic Generations (SEGA)
- 11.) F1 2011 (Codemasters)
- 12.) Kinect Sports: Season Two (Microsoft)
- 13.) PES 2012 (Konami)
- 14.) LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (Disney Interactive Studios)
- 15.) Michael Jackson: The Experience (Ubisoft)
- 16.) GoldenEye 007: Reloaded (Activision)
- 17.) The Sims 3: Pets (EA)
- 18.) Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Square Enix)
- 19.) Gears of War 3 (Epic Games)
- 20.) RAGE (id Software)
You can read over last week’s UK Software Sales Chart over here.
Source: Chart Track