UK Software Charts: Gears of War 3 breaks records during the week of September 24thWritten by: / / No Comments
There was never any doubt that Epic Games’ Xbox 360-exclusive Gears of War 3 would manage to claim the No. 1 spot on the Chart Track’s UK Software Sales listing this week, especially considering the game’s earlier than normal Tuesday release.
Chart Track says that the launch of Gears of War 3 in the UK is the biggest of the year so far for the region, and the game was close to matching the combined launch week sales numbers of both Gears of War and Gears of War 2.
All of this means that Gears of War 3 has become the 7th biggest launch for an Xbox 360 game in the UK to date, and the 12th largest on an individual platform basis.
Releasing a little later in the week, Codemasters’ F1 2011 across Xbox 360, PS3 and PC had to be content with a placing at No. 2 on the chart, as last week’s top spot holder, Dead Island (sales down 54%), shifts down to No. 3. Zumba Fitness (sales up 7%) meanwhile steps up to No. 4 from No. 6, while Deus Ex: Human Revolution (sales down 5%) is a non-mover at No. 5.
Driver: San Francisco (sales down 27%) trips down to No. 6 from No. 4 last week, as Warhammer 40K: Space Marine (sales down 50%) takes a five-place tumble down to No. 7. Resistance 3 (sales down 50%) drops in a similar fashion down to No. 8, LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (sales down 25%) is down two places to No.9 and Rugby World Cup 2011 (sales down 19%) also takes two steps down to No. 10.
The Top Twenty All Format UK Software Sales Chart follows below:
- 1.) Gears of War 3 (Epic Games)
- 2.) F1 2011 (Codemasters)
- 3.) Dead Island (Koch Media)
- 4.) Zumba Fitness (505 Games)
- 5.) Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Square Enix)
- 6.) Driver: San Francisco (Ubisoft)
- 7.) Warhammer 40K: Space Marine (THQ)
- 8.) Resistance 3 (SCE)
- 9.) LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (Disney Interactive Studios)
- 10.) Rugby World Cup 2011 (505 Games)
- 11.) Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision Blizzard)
- 12.) Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood (Ubisoft)
- 13.) Cars 2 (Disney Interactive Studios)
- 14.) The Sims 3 (EA)
- 15.) Red Faction: Armageddon (THQ)
- 16.) Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft)
- 17.) LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1 ‒ 4 (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- 18.) Michael Jackson: The Experience (Ubisoft)
- 19.) LA Noire (Rockstar Games)
- 20.) Gran Turismo 5 (Sony Computer Entertainment)
Source: Chart Track
You can read over last week’s UK Software Sales Chart over here.